Thread: Original 6M

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends

Original 6M

What price would I be looking at for one of these in vgc? I've recently bought one & I'm concerned I may have paid too much for it.
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Between £150 and £225 I would say.

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    Between £150 and £225 I would say.
    Perhaps a bit high?

I’d say £40-60 if a bit rough and needing seals.

£100-120 in presentable and working condition.

£150 in truly excellent condition, with wooden match grips.

Essential on these that the rotating barrel shroud is not cracked. Very hard to find replacements.

Hi there Paul55 I'd like to answer your question as best I can, but feel that I need a bit more info from you regarding your initial question "What price would I be looking at for one of these in vgc? I've recently bought one & I'm concerned I may have paid too much for it".

IMHO without a seller's description of the item inc photographs if possible, and some idea as to the price that you paid for it it's hard for anyone to offer offer much of an opinion in the matter and prices vary wildly depending on the exact details of the item in question..

However I'd go along with Geezer in his estimates, but would think that a really good 100% functional item with anatomical grips and boxed could generally fetch over £175.

Regards, Vic T.
    Last edited by Vic Thompson; 20-04-2019 at 05:18 PM.

I have repaired and resealed a few of these for local people and I have never heard anyone paying more than £160 for one especially if it has never been opened up from new. The front piston seal is likely to be affected by bacterial degradation and need changing. The back balance seal seems to not be affected most of the time. One of my favourite spring pistols, a lovely trigger and very accurate.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Oh heck. I paid £220 for what had been advertised as a mint condition pistol. Cosmetically it's in great condition, the plastic front shroud is in perfect condition,
    unfortunately the seals are shot as it's barely making 1 ft/lb. The seller has been very good & has offered a full refund. He thought it had been serviced by his gunsmith but it had been missed. I've had a quote of £65 to replace all the seals inc parts but I can't see the seller letting me have it for £120 if I get the work done. Such a shame as it is a beautifully made pistol with the sweetest trigger I've ever known. I now know the sort of price I should be paying if I find another one thanks to all your replies & I thank you all for that.
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it