Thread: Missing guns

Exclamation Missing guns

How the hell can Parcelforce loose this?
    Containing these, HW35 Export Ser:660031 1977
    BSA Mercury 1970s
    I think its got stolen from the Hub in Leicester. So if anyone is offered any of these get in touch.

PLEASE, STOP, with the daft or should of would of could of comments. This is to ask you gun lovin folks to please keep an look out or pass the info on for me as id do the same.

Im in hope they will turn up....

What does he tracking number say ? Where they sent in the correct manner ? As low powered airguns rather than "sporting goods" or " wood and metal sculptures" .

If sent incorrectly they could be on their way to Belfast and Parcelforce has not taken a note of them going to Belfast .

The correct way to send them via Parcelforce despite what others say about the way they send them.

Arms and Ammunition - low powered air weapons Low-powered air weapons (air rifles, air guns and air pistols), together with lead pellets and other airgun and airsoft projectiles, can be sent but are subject to the following conditions:

These items must be sent on an express48 service only
    These items must be sent via the Post Office only, and presented at the counter
    Enhanced compensation cover is not available

SHOULD of introduced your self first
    WOULD of been much nicer
    COULD of made people take more notice

Hello and welcome to the forum , we are really a nice bunch when you get to know us .
    I hope that your rifles turn up safe .

Thumbs up

Hope things turn out okay for you,mike

Report it to your local police firearms department, even if the guns are sub12 a lost/stolen firearms report is essential.
    I hope Parcel Force do find them, I'm sure they will be encouraged to help the police in their investigations.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

[QUOTE As low powered airguns rather than "sporting goods" or " wood and metal sculptures" QUOTE]
    I've never known the post office make a note of what's in the parcel,they just ask and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by HOTRODDERS66 View Post
    How the hell can Parcelforce loose this?
    Containing these, HW35 Export Ser:660031 1977
    BSA Mercury 1970s
    I think its got stolen from the Hub in Leicester. So if anyone is offered any of these get in touch.

PLEASE, STOP, with the daft or should of would of could of comments. This is to ask you gun lovin folks to please keep an look out or pass the info on for me as id do the same.

Im in hope they will turn up....
    Have you contacted PF customer services & informed them that the package contained "low power firearms" ?
    If not, do so immediately, it will get their notice for a start but also if they have been intercepted for any reason it can get them back far quicker.

As asked above were they sent correctly ? that is PF48 only if it was by Parcelforce.

[QUOTE=bighit;7676365]What does he tracking number say ? Where they sent in the correct manner ? As low powered airguns rather than "sporting goods" or " wood and metal sculptures"/QUOTE]

I've sent dozens of parcels and not once have they made a note of what's in the parcel,only to ask what it is.

[QUOTE=brucieboy;7676410]
    Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    What does he tracking number say ? Where they sent in the correct manner ? As low powered airguns rather than "sporting goods" or " wood and metal sculptures"/QUOTE]

I've sent dozens of parcels and not once have they made a note of what's in the parcel,only to ask what it is.
    But if you lie & you will be on cctv posting it (which is why they cannot be collected) it's probably grounds to refuse to pay if they get lost.
    Apart from which, they are legal to post so there is zero reason to lie.

[QUOTE=angrybear;7676418]
    Quote Originally Posted by brucieboy View Post

But if you lie & you will be on cctv posting it (which is why they cannot be collected) it's probably grounds to refuse to pay if they get lost.
    Exactly . I wonder if some think they have got one over the post office by saying its "sporting goods" or "wooden sculptures".

Even if it is damaged they wont pay out more than the limit they set of airguns .

It baffles me why they lie

[QUOTE=brucieboy;7676410]
    Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    What does he tracking number say ? Where they sent in the correct manner ? As low powered airguns rather than "sporting goods" or " wood and metal sculptures"/QUOTE]

They ask incase people have tried to send items that are prohibited like lithium Ion batteries ( loose ones) that are on the prohibited list .

for example
    Batteries, specifically new and used lithium batteries when not sent with or connected to an electronic device. No

or pressure vessels

Gases, including flammable, non-flammable, toxic and compressed gases Gases including flammable, non-flammable toxic and compressed gases, new, used and empty gas cylinders, butane, ethane, refills for lighters, fire extinguishers and scuba tanks, life jackets, nitrogen dioxide and carbon dioxide canisters (culinary foaming devices and soda stream). No

If they ask you whats in it and you say a airgun and they have the training to ask if its a pressurized one with co2 in it ,it may save you having to reimburse the buyer if the airgun goes to belfast for checking then destruction as it was sent to the airport and found in the x-ray machine like the guy the other day that sent an air pistol with a co2 cartridge in it found out .
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ght=royal+mail

[QUOTE=angrybear;7676418]
    Quote Originally Posted by brucieboy View Post

I don't know about where you post yours but on the cctv at my grocery store/post office you can barely tell it's a human form let alone pick up any conversation.My postmaster has a habit of "upgrading" parcels to parcelforce24 if they're picked up late,he thinks he's doing you a favour despite me saying parcelforce48 only.So if one went astray you'd be stuffed if you said what was in it on the claim form.There are many at the post office who just don't know the rules,maybe it's different at main post offices.

Have you sent them or should you have received them?

What happens sometimes is that if they are too big to carry they are left at their final destination which is the local sorting office.
    I have had shoes and other items not arriving when expected. Phone the local depot or go there and ask if they are still on the shelf.

I think sometimes a postie takes a shine to something so if it is left on the shelf for a few weeks it can vanish.

Lets not forget that the main hub is Coventry and almost all parcels have to go through it . so if the parcel is say sent from Inverness to Aberdeen it still has to go to Coventry first then back to Aberdeen . Ask me how i know I had one sent from Inverness and it took 5 days to get to me 100 miles from the sender .

National Hub
    Our delivery network is made up of 54 depots, a processing centre in the north west of England and a national hub in Coventry. Parcels are picked up from senders by our drivers from one of our depots and then transported to the appropriate delivery depot via national hub. https://www.parcelforce.com/help-and...g/national-hub

so it comes from post office to one of the depots then onto to coventry them back to a depot then sent onto you.

If you are sending it ten miles from the buyer it still has to go to coventry and if you live above coventry on the map then its going to take longer than 48 hours .

Last rifle I sent the parcel was thought to be damaged by paint from another package and had to be opened and inspected for damage . luckily the paint did not get inside the box.

That held the rifle up for a week almost if i remember right .

[QUOTE=brucieboy;7676798]
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post

I don't know about where you post yours but on the cctv at my grocery store/post office you can barely tell it's a human form let alone pick up any conversation.My postmaster has a habit of "upgrading" parcels to parcelforce24 if they're picked up late,he thinks he's doing you a favour despite me saying parcelforce48 only.So if one went astray you'd be stuffed if you said what was in it on the claim form.There are many at the post office who just don't know the rules,maybe it's different at main post offices.
    If your receipt is for the correct service (PF48) & someone "up-graded" it to PF24 that person would be legally responsible for any loss you encounter.