Thread: Walther cp88 or beretta 92fs

Walther cp88 or beretta 92fs

Hi all, which is best ??? Or is the new sig sauer worth a look?

Atb Paul

Not much in it between those two, whichever you prefer the look and feel of. For me, that is the CP88.

Not completely enthused by some of what I have rad about the new SiGs, but never tried one so not really qualified to offer an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by woodyrapid7 View Post
    Hi all, which is best ??? Or is the new sig sauer worth a look?

Atb Paul
    Paul

what are you after?

Reasonable accuracy for plinking and maybe entering the odd competition, or plinking with a grin factor- accuracy not really an issue?
    If it is the latter you may consider the P226 (I have one), but I would personally recommend a umarex rotary mag pistol such as the Beretta as accuracy is much much better.

The P226 is not accurate at all 2-3" spread at 6 yards opening to 6" spread at 10m. The sights will need modifying to bring the point of impact up by 3 to 6". It does have blowback and the CO2 charge system is good, but that's about all. The pellet velocity is disappointing.

Personally with hindsight I would pay the extra £50 and get a umarex or walther rotary mag pistol.

J
    Steyr LP10, AA S200 .177,
    Remmy Express .177, Sig Sauer P226- .177
    Crosman Rabbitstopper- .22, Chinese XS36-1- .22

pistol

Its got to be the beretta 92fs for me but get the earlier one if you can, has a much better finish . Cost cutting at Umarex a few years ago meant standards fell

the best is the cp88 the beretta is heavier and the front sight will break off if you let the slide snap open.as for accuracy if you can shoot a pistol it is easy and there is no difference between the two of them

East Hanningfield, near Chelmsford, Essex
    I have had 2 Berettas and found them too heavy for my liking, much prefer the 88

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Of the two you have mentioned, the CP88 for sure.

But if you are in the market for a multishot pellet pistol, the Umarex Smith and Wesson 586 is by far and away the best of the lot:

*adjustable sights as standard, and easy to add a sight rail that will be solid (unlike the abominations that are sold for the CP88 and 1911)
    *best trigger, especially when fettled
    *10 pellet magazine
    *longest barrel
    *looks cool as all balls

92FS is a brick, 1911 is too wide and has a horrible trigger IMO, also the beavertail causes issues (a lot of people pin it). The CP88 handles nicely, but the trigger pull length is about a mile long. Also has a common fault where the slide release overturns and doesn't spring back on its own.
    Good deals with these members

East Hanningfield, near Chelmsford, Essex
    Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    Of the two you have mentioned, the CP88 for sure.

But if you are in the market for a multishot pellet pistol, the Umarex Smith and Wesson 586 is by far and away the best of the lot:

*adjustable sights as standard, and easy to add a sight rail that will be solid (unlike the abominations that are sold for the CP88 and 1911)
    *best trigger, especially when fettled
    *10 pellet magazine
    *longest barrel
    *looks cool as all balls

92FS is a brick, 1911 is too wide and has a horrible trigger IMO, also the beavertail causes issues (a lot of people pin it). The CP88 handles nicely, but the trigger pull length is about a mile long. Also has a common fault where the slide release overturns and doesn't spring back on its own.
    How did I ever forget the S+W. Yes every thing you say and 10 shot. A great pistol no doubt about that. I love this pistol also