Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adding weight to a HW95 silencer and accuracy gains.

weight / silencer / flip..

old steel P/ hale. with the mandatory hair curler mod and smaller hole baffle washers on both .22, hw 85 & .177, 95, both barrels were shortened the length of the p/h, it did a good job . also as said earlier a nose extension for one of them but alas cannot remember 85 or 95 but memory tells me it was the 95. no springer guru but grouping and shot feel for me was a hell of a lot better gave me the warm glow smile inside instead of the oh f*** head in hands that was a complete waste of time feeling !!! .

I have three 95's and tbh I couldn't tell you whether they flip or not. Is it a perceived problem or a real one?
    I set myself up and start shooting and if necessary adjust my scope or poa.
    Perhaps I just expect all springers to be more 'bouncy' than pcp's and thus have not worried about it. As long as the 'flip' , if it is indeed occurring, is consistent then is it a real problem?
    I must pay more attention to my muzzle in future........or maybe I shouldn't ?
    Jim

I've shot a FWB Sport for many many years and have a V-Match fully tuned HW95. At the weight they all are, with a big spring in them, its not surprising they are going to be flighty, hold sensitive. The 95 is cheek weld sensitive.
    For a weight forward rifle buy an Original 45.
    If you want less hold sensitive spring rifle then buy a heavier rifle and tune it smooth too.

There is a lot going on with anything with a spring in it. Somehow the shooter needs to find a way to let the rifle have a consistent release of the pellet out and beyond the barrel. Its why two different shooters rarely shoot the same gun as well as each other all other things being equal. Heck two same model guns rarely do the same.

My tuned 95 has very little "flip" at all because its running so smooth.

Add weight to the end of the barrel of a break barrel and have an accidental let go when cocking and its a fast way to get a banana barrel.

Inspirational thread!

Just came across this thread again while looking for something else. For what it's worth I have added a weight to my HW95K silencer. I weighed a plug socket at 150g and added 150g of lead to it. Stand it upright with a dowel perfectly centred in it and using an old pellet tin with a spout bent in it, melt over kitchen stove and pour in. the dowel will slip out. Shim the cooled lead into the socket with a small piece of electrical tape. I replaced centre hair curler and after fitting the washer but a rolled top strip of plastic in last of all to hold the lot together - not sure but it may have been old 35mm film can cut up - how bad is my memory!
    After a tinbum kit including short stroke, my .20 is shooting very nicely. I just got a Chrono to keep it tidy and am now getting the associated illness. H&N FTT group nice when there's NO wind and come out at 11.4fpe, but the Barracudas group even more consistently regardless of wind but at 10fpe so I'm a little disappointed.. Ho-Hum.
    Both scopes away getting fixed so no shooting for me this weekend - Chronoitis is taking over!

''Add weight to the end of the barrel of a break barrel and have an accidental let go when cocking and its a fast way to get a banana barrel. ''

I'm afraid that letting go to the barrel of a springer during cocking, with or without additional weight will give you a banana barrel.

BTW I think we can take a lead for HW themselves.....the 98 has a heavier shrouded barrel and are as accurate as accurate things go - saying that my old Mk1 95 .177 with the barrel weight excellent too.

Cheers Steve

The new short 12 inch screw cut hw barrels need a steel ph mod on 95s, and maybe alloy or an EB Sirocco on 80s

Perfect solution

These posts keep coming up

I take my hat off to anyone that can shoot a factory 95 short barrel with a lightweight hw mod, but then I first shot a short barrel 95 with a brass baffle weighted mod (by venom because that's what I asked for) nearly 20 years ago as I figured that out then - and physics hasn't changed since
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34