Thread: CZ Tex 086 Air Pistol

CZ Tex 086 Air Pistol

I`ve recently acquired a CZ Tex 086 air pistol of 1970s vintage.

I paid $70 CAD or about 40 English pounds for it, which I consider a bargain.

It is obviously made to a high standard, as you would expect from Ceska Zbrojovka, and shoots very well.

Other than that, I know nothing about these pistols. Any information would be most welcome.

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by Holton View Post
    I`ve recently acquired a CZ Tex 086 air pistol of 1970s vintage.

I paid $70 CAD or about 40 English pounds for it, which I consider a bargain.

It is obviously made to a high standard, as you would expect from Ceska Zbrojovka, and shoots very well.

Other than that, I know nothing about these pistols. Any information would be most welcome.
    More or less, without checking, the Tex 86 is a later version of the Slavia ZVP, but with a plastic grip, adjustable sights and adjustable trigger (That little screwdrivery bit in the back can be used for adjusting the trigger)
    I have only had one of these and gave it to a relative. It is something that SHOULD be good but I actually prefer the ZVP, which is a better copy of a Diana Modell 5.
    Last edited by ggggr; 20-04-2019 at 11:24 PM.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

The ZVP is the one with the wooden grip, right?

I haven`t had the little screwdriver out yet, it`s very tight. I need to put some penetrating oil on it.