Thread: Binoculars

Binoculars

Hi all,

Looking for some abvice on binoculars please, got a budget of £150 and they will be used for hunting mainly so spotting rabbits at half a mile range and i dont need to see the colour of their eyes and thus the £150 bugbet.

I was thinking something like 10x 42 ish but also open to suggestions .

Cheers Allan.

Binoculars

Hello I have been using some Opticron T4 Trailfinder 8x56 Binoculars - Green for about 2 years and have found them very good and nice and clear especially at dawn and dusk time and they quite light. I know it's not quite your budget but Uttings have these for £169 at the moment. I have tried a few budget ones over time and I think you would be pleased with these ones.
    Happy Hunting

Have just seen a pair on The Birders Store for £145.

Do you have a rangefinder ? If not you could buy a rangefinder and it will do both jobs in one unit . Most rangefinders are 6x mag usually unless you go for the high priced ones that way out of your budget.

Birders store again. Lightweight, lifetime warranty and ED glass. Fantastic bins which I have owned several pairs. Compares favourably with some high end stuff.

http://www.birders-store.co.uk/hawke...inoculars.html
    Chairgun doesn't take the shot.

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Barry & Stroud Sahara 10x will give you plenty of change from £150. I use them for bird spotting
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Do you have a rangefinder ? If not you could buy a rangefinder and it will do both jobs in one unit . Most rangefinders are 6x mag usually unless you go for the high priced ones that way out of your budget.
    Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions so far everyone, i do have a 6x range finder but looking for something with a little more reach x10 ish .

Cheers Allan.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Helios Nitrosport 10x42 at around £99...look at the specs with other £150 offerings and they compare very favourably, if not even better.
    Really bright, top class image - got a pair myself and I highly rate them.

Allan,

Last year I bought a Hawke Vantage 8x42 binocular for 'foul weather use' in the field.

( The reason being is that I didn't want to use my 'nice' binoculars under harsh conditions )

I was very surprised at how good the image was, and how well the Hawke's performed under such conditions

At around £80, they are very good value for money, and punch well above their price point.

If you can, handle and look through a variety of binoculars, and see which ones you like.

Some good informations here :

https://www.bestbinocularsreviews.com/

Have fun & a good Easter Monday

Best regards

Russ

I also use the Hawke Vantage 8x42 and they do everything I need for hunting purposes.

I tried out the 10x42 but settled on the 8x because you benefit from a brighter image, which is of course better in low light conditions. I really couldn’t find any practical benefit from the 10x magnification over the 8x.

At £80, or less, you can’t go wrong.

I use the Steiner wildlife 8x24, a stunning pair of bino's & they weigh nothing & pack very small, maybe outside you budget though

Bear in mind that 10x mag will give a small exit pupil diameter with a 42mm objective.

Even a pair 10x56 gives 5.6mm and are often getting heavy at this size.
    The Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?
    Harry Callahan: When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher’s knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn’t out collecting for the Red Cross.