Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Accupel pellets

Accupel pellets

Hi I used to use these pellets years ago in my hw77, I mostly shoot PCP now and have about 4 or 5 Tins of AA field diabolo in 22 cal left, As the accupel are a lot cheaper than most brands I'm just tempted to try some , They did used to be great pellets a while back , Anyone use them now, What's your thoughts , Biggest bonus for me is I can buy them local so no added postage,

There's a lot of talk about these not being as good as they once were, but I bought some Acupell and Crosman Premiers about 2 years ago and found both went very well in a couple of .22 Original 45s and an HW85 i tried them with. They still wave a nice, clean well formed appearance. They are firm, though, with thick, shallow skirts and aren't good in tap loaders in my experience.
    I would definitely try a tin first and if they work well in your gun/s you can snap more up, cheaply.

None of mine

None of my rifles previous or present have liked them.
    HW30STL .177, HW45 Blackstar .177, HW77 .177, LGV Challenger .177, BSA Airsporter S Mk1 .22. Original 65 .177, BSA Lightning GRT .177, HW99 .177.

I used to use these quite effectively in my Hatsan 60S up until about 2 years ago. Then when I came to buy another tin, they seemed to be oversize (.22) as only about 1 in ten could be persuaded to enter the breech. Those that did were all over the place. I told the vendor and he swapped tins for me, but the same was true of the new tin. That's the last time I used them. Don't know whether they have changed since then but I've moved on to other pellets now and after that experience, I probably won't use them again.

I use them in my .22 Scorpion as they were spot on, that was confirmed when my rifle came back from John Bowkett and his 50y test sheet showed them to group better than all the usual suspect he tests with...
    and they also grouped well anyway as my barrel is very unfussy

They were always my base line pellet in .22, every .22 I've had shot them very well.
    In .177 the slightly pointed powerpell was usually the best.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Like all pellets other peoples views are only a guide, I've found them good in the past, but seldom the best, could be worth it though getting them local if there is not much in it?
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

bossmugler is offline More breaking even than breaking bad
    Both my .22 HW100 and HW97K shoot very well with them.

I'll try a tin soon, but hey thanks for all the advice and hopefully give you my thoughts soon , Thanks again

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullnose View Post
    None of my rifles previous or present have liked them.
    Agree with you on this, I used to try them out in my pellet testing stage when I got a new rifle but they just never seemed to group at all, so now I don't bother.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Anybody View Post
    I use them in my .22 Scorpion as they were spot on, that was confirmed when my rifle came back from John Bowkett and his 50y test sheet showed them to group better than all the usual suspect he tests with...
    and they also grouped well anyway as my barrel is very unfussy
    I use the Ultra Mag in my 22 BSA's, I bought in bulk from Uttings with one of their voucher offers and it worked out great .
    I'm not sure if Ultra Mag are exactly same as Accupel or not, perhaps someone can help with that -
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    I used to use accupells in my .22 BSA Ultras, but then those barrels were superb and shot almost anything well (whatever grief I give BSA, they make a bloody good .22 barrel).
    As others have said, a few years ago Accupells seemed to change and didn't group well in my other rifles, and I no longer own an Ultra. Now I favour JSB Exact which seems to do well in most rifles in most calibres, if you take the time to try a couple of different head sizes. JSB are certainly softer, which may work better with springers in general.
    Good deals with these members

Never really rated them until the last couple of weeks when I was forced to use them in my 77k .177. Unbelievably accurate and consistent. I then tried them in my .177 80 and they have really blown me away. So I've ordered another tin just to be sure.

None of the .22s I've had liked them.

accupels

why is it when i do a google search for crosman accupels they come up as webley accupels? cant find the crosman ones??

They were re-branded a few years ago.

I use .177 Accupels in my Steyr H5, single hole accuracy. When compared to a tin of 'original' ones there's no difference in accuracy.