Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Accupel pellets

Quote Originally Posted by Solvo View Post
    They were re-branded a few years ago.

I use .177 Accupels in my Steyr H5, single hole accuracy. When compared to a tin of 'original' ones there's no difference in accuracy.
    so crosman accupels are now called webley accupels?

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    Correct, though the current Webley Accupells come lubricated which isn't something I recall seeing when my friend gave me a tin of Crosman Accupell in my teenage years. It's possible they did and I just never noticed.

I tried some .22 in a HW35E many years ago and I was not overly impressed with them. I think they were lubricated as they made my fingers black after a while and felt greasy.

I used to use Powapell in my nephews HW80k . They shot well out of it .

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    Not exactly - Crossman used to make them, they no longer make them.

Quote Originally Posted by SuffolkRifle View Post
    Not exactly - Crossman used to make them, they no longer make them.
    They sold the kit to Webley / whoever manufactures under that brand now. The pellets are identical, just the name that changed.

Edit: Since I'm fortunate enough to have an almost full tin of the originals in my collection, I would happily challenge anyone to tell the pellets apart.
    Even under a good loupe they're perfect matches right down to the mould seams.
    Last edited by Solvo; 23-04-2019 at 10:56 PM.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Not sure what the difference is between Accupels and Premier Ultra Magnum?... Both weigh in 14.3 grain, look identical and are priced the same.

Either way the Premier Ultra Magnums work very well through my S200 and group as well at 50 yards as the excellent Mosquito Express which cost 40% more.
    Only difference is the thicker skirts can sometimes be a little stiffer to load - but accuracy seems unaffected.

I would guess the Accupels would perform similarly...

Crosman Premiers ,Webley Acupell

Are in fact made in same Machines @ Crosman Inc. in the State of New York USofA . The Best Part the Tin's of 500 Premier's .22 are Now made from a Single Dye Machine like the Cardboard Box of 625 for .22 use to be. That's why There so Good in Tin's now. That Black $hit on your Hand's is Release Agent oil for the 3 piece Dye (the Guy running Pellet Machine told Me on the Crosman Factory Tour. The only thing They would'nt show Us was how Steel BB are made. BIG F'in SECRET.....Big Deal I guess how They Do It .....Franky

I have a couple of tins of the premiers which I use in my. 22 rapid. When I have tried them in my springers they've been OK but I recall some being tighter than others in the breech which may be the cause of groups opening up a little. I am also a little wary of the black sh1t mucking up my barrel and requiring cleaning, though this may not be an issue. On balance, it's worth having a tin around to test with in case your gun likes them. A plus over JSB is their robustness but I usually look for the JSB derivative that goes best which is often the best in the end.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

The tins of Premier Ultra Mag's are very clean and shiny I find, whereas JSB are a dull grey - different Antimony content I'd guess.
    In my S200 the JSB's quite loopy and don't group as tightly, the RS Express versions are better - but the skirts are so thin, you seem to get quite a few bent ones in a tin.

Use them in my hw 110k loves them

Quote Originally Posted by 21grains View Post
    Are in fact made in same Machines @ Crosman Inc. in the State of New York USofA . The Best Part the Tin's of 500 Premier's .22 are Now made from a Single Dye Machine like the Cardboard Box of 625 for .22 use to be. That's why There so Good in Tin's now. That Black $hit on your Hand's is Release Agent oil for the 3 piece Dye (the Guy running Pellet Machine told Me on the Crosman Factory Tour. The only thing They would'nt show Us was how Steel BB are made. BIG F'in SECRET.....Big Deal I guess how They Do It .....Franky
    I stand corrected sir. Always thought that when they stopped being marketed as 'Crosman' they stopped making them (rather like 'Eley' Wasps)
    Will have to get a tin for one of my sons guns - that shot spot on with the boxed .22 premiers.
    Guess that they drop the molten metal into water for BBs

Quote Originally Posted by SuffolkRifle View Post
    Guess that they drop the molten metal into water for BBs
    I think 'shot towers' fell out of favour around the early 1900's...

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    I think 'shot towers' fell out of favour around the early 1900's...
    Why I put ""

Accupell go well in my Crosman 600- feed perfectly on what is considered to be a rather fussy gun.