Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weihrauch HW90 early version vs late version?

Quote Originally Posted by gk10 View Post
    Hi Peddy,
    l didn't notice any air pressure behind the valve, but l'll check again today.
    When you checked your guns did you happen to see what the central hole/indentation does? ls it threaded?

Cheers
    George
    Hi George is the o ring still in place on the small screw covering the shrader valve? I'm trying to pinpoint the source of leak for you. Obviously a lot of air escaping when you undo the screw indicates shrader problems. A common mistake is to let air out from the valve to quickly as this can damage the valves seals. Only tap the punch with the weight of a screwdriver handle not a hammer! From memory the indentation isn't threaded and cant think of its purpose. I'd stick with the original piston and just replace the seals. Invest in a shrader torque driver to ensure correct tightness.

I did a quick stripdown and the schrader valve broke but l managed to get it out.
    l recieved all my rebuild parts from Chambers but l decided to just replace the valve with an automotive valve for a bit of practice. Everything inside looked clean and the inertia mass appeared to move easily.
    So l decided to reassemble everything and pump it up to approximately 20 bar.
    So far so good as it's held pressure for over 36 hours and its shooting very nicely and very accurately.
    l am very impressed by the simplicity (and quality) of it all.
    Thanks for the tip about the Schrader valve torque driver as l didn't know there was such a tool - when l tightened the valve l was trying to not overdo it.

Male sure the Schrader valve you used is designed to take that pressure . I'd hate to hear it turned your rifle into a backwards single shot rifle .

There is different pressure rated valves.