Thread: Air arms s300 problem

Air arms s300 problem

Hi all any s300 gurus on here,a mate has one and the pellet probe has started to jam when being lockayed in firing position .Any ideas on repair etc ,tar guys

the action on these is very simple. 6 small allen screws hold it on the top. the most likely it required a lubing with grease. when you take this bolt assembly off you will see how simple a fix it is. i have the exact same gun. only difference is i fitted the 310 bolt so i can put an oversize brass cocking handle on it.

Although not having worked on a 300, I have worked on the 100 and 400 rifles and suspect they are basically the same. Gut feeling is that it could be the probe O ring may have failed and stuck? But in any case I think you are going to have to remove the barrel and breech block assembly ... this will have the cocking lever / probe with it. You can then inspect the loading sequence to see what is going wrong. But care: when you remove the barrel / breech take care not to lose the transfer port seal.
    I am sure there will be a guide on the net somewhere .. or more detail will come from other people on here. There will be no need to empty the rifle of air if all you are doing is removing the barrel / breech assembly. Note that the 310 may be a tad more complex due to the mag indexing system.

If you fail to find a problem here and the loading probe is moving freely then I suspect the hammer area. Maybe the hammer is sticking. Again it is a fairly easy strip down but if you have never done anything like this before then I advise getting some guidance in case you upset the balance between components.

Now over to the experts:

Cheers, Phil

Above beat me to it ....

if you have got to play with the hammer assembly if that is the problem as phil said above the gun must be emptied of all air as to stip down without doing this will cause you serious harm.180bar of air coming could maime or kill. if i doubt have a gunsmith check it out. better safe than sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    Although not having worked on a 300, I have worked on the 100 and 400 rifles and suspect they are basically the same. Gut feeling is that it could be the probe O ring may have failed and stuck? But in any case I think you are going to have to remove the barrel and breech block assembly ... this will have the cocking lever / probe with it. You can then inspect the loading sequence to see what is going wrong. But care: when you remove the barrel / breech take care not to lose the transfer port seal.
    I am sure there will be a guide on the net somewhere .. or more detail will come from other people on here. There will be no need to empty the rifle of air if all you are doing is removing the barrel / breech assembly. Note that the 310 may be a tad more complex due to the mag indexing system.

If you fail to find a problem here and the loading probe is moving freely then I suspect the hammer area. Maybe the hammer is sticking. Again it is a fairly easy strip down but if you have never done anything like this before then I advise getting some guidance in case you upset the balance between components.

Now over to the experts:

Cheers, Phil

Above beat me to it ....
    300/400 are basicaly the same phil abeit the guage on the 400 series.

Cheers guys ,the probe slides in and out fine it's when you try to lock it down or lift it up to load

Quote Originally Posted by worz View Post
    Cheers guys ,the probe slides in and out fine it's when you try to lock it down or lift it up to load
    then id say its running dry in the slide. its dead easy to take the bolt housing off. but be careful to to lose the transfer port O ring underneath as you lift it off. just grease the bolt in the groove and a bit of oil on the bolt going in and out of the housing once you reassembled it. i be it will be ok then. i had the same problem once myself. now its slick as can be but not to much oil on the bolt ok or it will run through on to the hammer assembly below.