Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B.A.R to stop doing Mail order

B.A.R to stop doing Mail order

It appears that Blackpool air rifles is to undergo a refurbishment with a new streamlined team .
    Opening hours are going to change and the emphasis is going to be more customer focussed.
    Just like a good old gun shop .
    I want to wish them every success for the future by taking this brave move .
    Long may they continue to provide the service that we have become used to .
    What's going to happen to all the bubble wrap though

https://m.facebook.com/1498362883638...unbuyer.com%2F

By the nature reserve, in the Great Outwood, Wakef
    I’ve just seen it on their Facebook page. Closing three days a week and no more mail order is a bold move but I genuinely hope that things work out for them.

It does not say they won't ever do mail order , It just says at present .

Best of luck to them for the future

I guess they've looked at the numbers & the mail order sales cannot justify the wages of the people required to process them.

barrel is online now Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    That's a shame as they offered a great mail order service, I wish them every luck and hope the new business model works for them.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    I guess they've looked at the numbers & the mail order sales cannot justify the wages of the people required to process them.
    I know they are having new shutters fitted and a security update after recent events. Mail order is to stop. Face to face only.
    Im sure the new streamlined B.A.R. will be a pleasure to deal with.
    Last edited by I. J.; 27-04-2019 at 10:43 AM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Thumbs up

They're having their shop revamped soon and will be closed for about a week too..

John..
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    It does not say they won't ever do mail order , It just says at present .

Best of luck to them for the future
    Apologies, it was not my intention to mislead merely to inform .
    As you say , they intend to cease mail order at this current time.

I wish them all the best. I really like that shop, whenever I'm in Blackpool I make a point of popping in for a look, I always end up buying something. They must have good reason for making the changes to their business - but can't help but think "if it ain't broke......".
    HuMa regulated S200 .22...
    Artemis PP800 .177...
    Weihrauch HW45 .177

Given that they will only be open for so many days ,they will hopefully be busy and that will take someone off the counter if they were to be processing mail order items plus it could cause them grief by people asking where their item is because they will be inundated with mail order orders and not able to process them quick enough .

Going by some posts over the years on the BBS some people want their item a week before they have hit submit on the webpage They can't understand that some companies may be short staffed and they have hundreds if not thousands of items to be processed and they are at the end of the que. Then they come on here slagging the company off .

Quote Originally Posted by Alakar View Post
    Apologies, it was not my intention to mislead merely to inform .
    As you say , they intend to cease mail order at this current time.
    Mail order to to stop.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    They are basically winding down the business into a more pleasant work/life balance way to do business. This will hit the bottom line without a doubt, but there is more to life than money, and I take my hat off to them for looking at it in the cold light of day and doing what is right for them at their time of life. A four day week and a massive reduction in technological interruptions throughout the day as well as a hugely reduced work load and the removal of complexity from the business will make it a far nicer place to work and shop on a personal level. Less staff brings less problems, and the three remaining will all have a very vested interest in the store doing well, so far less headaches for all of them.

I wish them all well in their new venture, because that is exactly what it is, it's a brave move financially, but with air gun sales being face to face anyway, at least the big ticket items will not be impacted so much.

Good on you lads, and all the best

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

it is a shame they will be stopping mail order but if the profit in that area is dropping they cannot continue to have the amount of staff or wages. i hope the good old proper gunshop venture works out for you all as they have always given me good service. on the other hand i will not travel 200miles to get a gun accessories either. closer to home from now on me thinks. good luck to lloyd and the lads though on this bold new venture.

Bar.

Wishing the lads all the very best. I have nothing but praise for these guys. When I visit they are always pleasant and put a cuppa on the counter. GREAT shop and staff. Good luck lads. Mach 1.5

The gun trade never really recovered from the ban on delivery of airguns by post.

BAR have always been a great outfit.

They are always worth the trip.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.