Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Packham gets General License revoked!!!!

Well lads, time to get rid of the shotguns then. The next thing will be to ban freshwater fishing as well
    God created man and god created woman
    Sam colt made them equal

Quote Originally Posted by aris View Post
    And here is me thinking that all these licenses are reviewed thoroughly each year by environmental experts and lawyers, and then re-issued based on current data and needs

Silly me.
    In Gove's letter he claims it was Labour's fault . They should be reviewed every year and involve experts in the field . Maybe even involve people that will be using them like gamekeepers and farmers .

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Maybe even involve people that will be using them like gamekeepers and farmers .
    Don't be redidicudulous. That is Joined-Up-Thinking. No government can do that, far too difficult. Anyway, if you suggest it to them........ well it's the cuts you know........
    An Emergency on your part doesn't necessarily mean an Emergency on my part!

https://www.sacs.org.uk/news/stop-pr...atural-england

STOP PRESS: ANOTHER URGENT UPDATE FROM NATURAL ENGLAND
    URGENT - PLEASE SHARE AGAIN

Right, further to our earlier post today, here's the very latest from Natural England as at 1.15pm Thursday 25th April:

STOP PRESS: ANOTHER URGENT UPDATE FROM NATURAL ENGLAND
    Interim Individual Licences

From 7pm tonight (Thursday 25th) Natural England will go live with an online application portal on their .gov website for folk to apply for the interim Individual Licences.
    This will be based on a number of urgent prioritised licence needs e.g. corvid trapping in ladder and larsen traps (we know that many have been concerned about continuing to keep call birds), pigeon and corvid shooting to protect crops etc.
    The application process will be quick and simple - your details, location details, reasons for control etc - then press apply and NE says that within minutes an Individual Licence will be issued.
    New General Licences

New General Licences, albeit different to before and perhaps more species specific, will start to be launched from Monday next week. This will take 3-4 days to implement. Again, this will be prioritised according to urgent need - Larsen and other trapping, pigeon and corvid shooting for crop protection etc.

SACS has members on standby to start to make the new applications and ensure the system works. we do not know how good this IT system will be, but NE and Gov staff are working on it now. Again - this should go live from 7pm tonight.

As promised, SACS will continue to update you as we know more.

Quote Originally Posted by Clank View Post
    Don't be redidicudulous. That is Joined-Up-Thinking. No government can do that, far too difficult. Anyway, if you suggest it to them........ well it's the cuts you know........
    It could stop the likes of packham and co trying again with their misguided information .

conspiracy theory time

Anthony Juniper CBE (born 24 September 1960) is a British campaigner, writer, sustainability advisor and environmentalist who served as Executive Director of Friends of the Earth, England, Wales and Northern Ireland. He was Vice Chair of Friends of the Earth International from 2000–2008.[1]

He was the Green Party's parliamentary candidate for the Cambridge constituency at the 2010 general election.[2]

In 2019 he was appointed chairman of Natural England.

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/the-s...81771335474975

But campaigners representing farming, countryside communities and businesses have said he is the wrong person for the job, claiming his views of country sports such as grouse shooting show he does not understand the importance of many rural activities to local communities.

Mr Juniper has previously criticised grouse shooting,...

Also he was proposed By Gove to get the job https://theecologist.org/2019/feb/08...atural-england
    Last edited by bighit; 25-04-2019 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Beard View Post
    Petition for the BBC to sack Packham:

https://www.change.org/p/bbc-bbc-to-sack-chris-packham
    I’ve signed it and so should everybody else

Quote Originally Posted by Rightfoot View Post
    I’ve signed it and so should everybody else
    Will that stop a Government Agency getting things wrong legally and then deciding to suspend the GL of its own volition?

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    In Gove's letter he claims it was Labour's fault . They should be reviewed every year and involve experts in the field . Maybe even involve people that will be using them like gamekeepers and farmers .
    Predictable The omission of course is to fail to do anything about it in the last 9 years

By the nature reserve, in the Great Outwood, Wakef
    Just read this after ‘activists’ left dead crows out side Chris Packhams house;

Quote Originally Posted by Cris Packham
    According to Packham, he was spurred on to take action with Wild Justice after meeting a man shooting for pleasure in woods close to the presenter’s home. He said: “This man did not have a farm or business nearby but said he was ‘shooting vermin – jays, magpies and crows’. They are not ‘vermin’. They are part of an ecological system and they are not doing him any harm. That isn’t about people’s livelihoods or the regulation of bird populations – that’s just wanton vandalism.”
    As I said earlier. His action has been spurred on by people shooting birds for no other reason than ‘because I can’ under the wide umbrella of the general license. To be honest he does have a point and NE have been legally caught with their pants down.

Shortly NE will be rewording/reworking the general licence so for now keep calm and see what the new week brings.

I’m currently over run with crows as they’ve taken to nesting in the woods behind my house, I’m sure they know

I was most surprised to see that someone has posted Paks home address on F/B

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    You seem to have missed my point, Magpies or any other Corvid doing it's natural thing predating on song birds is just nature being nature, both have co-existed in the British Isles since way before people & guns & I really don't think the general licence was ever intended to cover such a matter.

The control of Pigeons & Corvids in agriculture is a totally different matter because the crop &/or livestock is an investment & the private property of someone being grown for food/profit.

The reason used to confront something in court is not necessarily WHY it's being challenged it is only HOW it can be challenged,
    All NE had to do was go to court & point out that it's totally impossible for them to physically check every application, so it is for the individual applicant to assess, decide & if required justify why they need to shoot.
    AB what you don't seem to understand is there are no natural eco systems left in the UK so there is no natural balance! The general licence that covered conservation was intended for exactly this purpose, even the RSPB control corvids man!!
    Thanks for looking

Quote Originally Posted by luckymjr View Post
    Well lads, time to get rid of the shotguns then. The next thing will be to ban freshwater fishing as well
    If you were not aware this is called Airgun BBS yes some of us use shotguns but the ban also affects airgun users along with other methods of controlling some of the bird species on the list as for a ban on fishing they have been trying that for some years now even had a go at sea fishing that was even broadcast live on the Tv back in the 90s lets have a ban on animal charities and do-gooders using social media thinking about it lets have a ban on religion that should stop the wars

Quote Originally Posted by ZAKDINGEL View Post
    If you were not aware this is called Airgun BBS yes some of us use shotguns but the ban also affects airgun users along with other methods of controlling some of the bird species
    Fair enough, I'll rephrase then. '' time to get rid of all the guns lads'' etc
    God created man and god created woman
    Sam colt made them equal

Quote Originally Posted by luckymjr View Post
    Fair enough, I'll rephrase then. '' time to get rid of all the guns lads'' etc
    Why this is not a shooting ban just a total cock up as said by Michael grove and his statement also says that the new general licence will be stronger than before to stop The likes of Avery and Packem to challenge ---something leads me thinking your not a shooting man?