Quote Originally Posted by Retracted_Yeti View Post
So what about the pigeons eating all of my Morello Cherries, leaving me with nothing to make my Morello Cherrie wine with?

What about the same(now very fat) pigeons shitting all of those said Morello Cherries ALL over the remains of my garden, that my 4 year old grand daughter plays in??????…...all birds EXCEPT pigeons are welcome in my garden.

Cheers.

Roy.
When you apply for your individual licence, put in about it depriving you of wine and see if it gets approved. Have you tried other methods to rid the pigeons? Netting the tree perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by 223AI View Post
And another one, corvids are a problem for a number if reasons and should be controlled!!

Do you want to apply for the 5 or 6 bird species that cause issues on the 6 farms I shoot? Assuming separate licences per species as with cormorants or herons that's 36 licences I have to potentially apply for!

No wonder we're in this mess with such a poor understanding even among shooters!
And you’re another one totally missing Packhams point. He’s doing it to stop every Tom dick and Harry shooting birds that they have no legitimate reason to do so. Shooting corvids pigeons magpies etc in their gardens under the wide umbrella of the general licence and claiming to do so to protect song birds and to stop then shitting all over when the majority of the birds they shoot would stop visiting if they stopped feeding them. Case in point with Roy above.

Shooting is a last resort under the general license. Ask the garden shooters what other measures they’ve done to prevent the birds visiting will draw a blank.

We are all in this together. Let’s fight it the correct way, not bickering among ourselves.