So do you think we need a license to shoot rabbits and squirrels? What about deploying fly spray or a mouse trap?

In my opinion the general license worked well and continues to do so. There might be a few idiots who shoot pigeons for shits and giggles but those numbers will be very low and the change is unlikely to stop them, as with most laws and idiots. The few people I know who do shoot pigeons harvest the meat in the same way I do with rabbits and the occasional squirrel.

I had an issue recently with a crow taking all my chicken eggs. I had it on trail camera going into the hen house. Once shot the egg taking stopped. What a waste of time and effort to apply for a special license just for one crow. Let alone the eggs I would have lost during the time taken to get the license if it was approved.

In my garden I feed not only my chickens but several wild pheasants over winter and even the rabbits seem to like the pellets. I get pigeons too on the feeder and the wild bird feeders I have put out. I don't shoot any of these as they aren't causing me any problems. I do shoot rabbits on my permissions where they are causing farmers a problem.

We are responsible shooters on the BBS. I find it insulting that you think we shoot anything just for fun.