Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
No one is "defending" it, we are simply pointing out the legalities of what it actually says or has said in the past.
and that while you are blinkered to the FACT in front of your eyes, you have been misusing one or more of GL 04/05/06 as cover to kill certain birds, purely because you appear to have a pathological hatred of them.

Methods that could be used over large fields might include the bird scaring bangers (hateful things), mobile things that move & flash in the wind, not sure what they're called but the inflating scarecrow things that pop up on a timer, even an old fashioned static scare crow.
All the licence says is such things must be tried & shown to fail before shooting is used.

As for all the boll*x about the ambiguity of what it means, anyone with half a brain will use that same ambiguity in their favour .
Thats the trouble they are.

I was following DEFRA and expected good practices, as was nearly everybody. We are now told all of a sudden that what we understood is wrong and has been for the last 6 years. I have stopped, because I understand that.

I have no pathological hatred of anything. I'm an animal lover, hold great respect for all life.

No the emphasis is "prove" all alternative forms been tried have failed before shooting methods are use. The exact clarification can come once its actually sorted. Its all in a legal morass, and even the individual license might not be correct. If they lied about the GM, what else? Its for them to sort out.

I suggest no one does avian pest control until a sensible legal means is provided.