Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Packham gets General License revoked!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 223AI View Post
    Not that they have been tried just that they are not feasible
    Fair enough, but if they haven't been doing whichever is required, they haven't been doing it right-hence the mess

Quote Originally Posted by short-carabine View Post
    Fair enough, but if they haven't been doing whichever is required, they haven't been doing it right-hence the mess
    Which hopefully will be fixed pretty quickly and we can all get on about our legal pest and predator control activities.

If the issue is they have to check before issuing the licence then other than a simple declaration on the application I can’t see how they can streamline it.
    Thanks for looking

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Valentine View Post
    When you apply for your individual licence, put in about it depriving you of wine and see if it gets approved. Have you tried other methods to rid the pigeons? Netting the tree perhaps?

And you’re another one totally missing Packhams point. He’s doing it to stop every Tom dick and Harry shooting birds that they have no legitimate reason to do so. Shooting corvids pigeons magpies etc in their gardens under the wide umbrella of the general licence and claiming to do so to protect song birds and to stop then shitting all over when the majority of the birds they shoot would stop visiting if they stopped feeding them. Case in point with Roy above.

Shooting is a last resort under the general license. Ask the garden shooters what other measures they’ve done to prevent the birds visiting will draw a blank.

We are all in this together. Let’s fight it the correct way, not bickering among ourselves.
    Totally agree my wife keeps her guinea pigs in wire meshed runs but didn't stop the magpies trying to peck at them through the wire and yes they did cause two of them injuries. Two dead magpies shot straight through the head from the bedroom window and very satisfying indeed it was. Not quite sure what else we should have done other than sit next to the runs to deter the magpies. The woodies that feed from the bird table are fine and quite tame so i leave them alone unless they shit on my motorbike then that may be another story.

Interesting...if this is true then the problem is due to an inter-departmental Government cock up 6 years ago, and NE seems to have not been meeting the legal requirement for the GLs.
    Did Benyon have a hand in cocking it up ?

He became Member of Parliament (MP) for Newbury at the 2005 General Election. In opposition, he served on the Home Affairs Select Committee, as an Opposition Whip and Shadow Minister for the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA). In government under David Cameron, he worked as Wildlife Minister at DEFRA from May 2010 to October 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by 223AI View Post
    Which hopefully will be fixed pretty quickly and we can all get on about our legal pest and predator control activities.

If the issue is they have to check before issuing the licence then other than a simple declaration on the application I can’t see how they can streamline it.
    They are probably trying to work out how to do it and how they will resource it right now Expect significant delays- they have probably lent out a proportion of what staff they have to do Brexit work like most Government departments. Once people have realised this is departmental failure and had their little freakout about Packham, they will start to ask questions...

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Did Benyon have a hand in cocking it up ?

He became Member of Parliament (MP) for Newbury at the 2005 General Election. In opposition, he served on the Home Affairs Select Committee, as an Opposition Whip and Shadow Minister for the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA). In government under David Cameron, he worked as Wildlife Minister at DEFRA from May 2010 to October 2013.
    Hmm, we are in 2019...the cock up seemingly occurred 6 years ago, which would be 2013

They are probably trying to work out how to do it and how they will resource it right now Expect significant delays- they have probably lent out a proportion of what staff they have to do Brexit work like most Government departments. Once people have realised this is departmental failure and had their little freakout about Packham, they will start to ask questions...
    Yep I don’t see this being a quick fix but have been wrong before.

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    Yep I don’t see this being a quick fix but have been wrong before.
    The initial delay will be getting the political angle covered off-whoever is Minster for DEFRA won't want this blowing back on them Chances are the head of NE will bail out as a sop

Hmm, we are in 2019...the cock up seemingly occurred 6 years ago, which would be 2013
    did you miss the october 2013 end date to his role

here it is again

he worked as Wildlife Minister at DEFRA from May 2010 to October 2013

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    did you miss the october 2013 end date to his role

here it is again

he worked as Wildlife Minister at DEFRA from May 2010 to October 2013
    Didn't miss it mate. Something of a coincidence eh?

I'm sure that Civil Disobedience is something that everyone is aware of.
    "Patron Saint of Righteous Rage for the voiceless outcast"

I rocks a Walther

Didn't miss it mate. Something of a coincidence eh?
    so the cock up was in 2013 and he was the the wildlife minister in 2013 ,That's correct ? did the cock up happen after he left his role or before ?

Right man for the job ?

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/sha...b_1545603.html

Good find, bighit- an interesting read. Looks like his role was rather "incompatible" with outside interests...(my quote facility seems to have copped out for now!) Wonder if this happened on his watch?

Wow! An MP who actually cares about his constituents.
    It will be interested to hear what my own MP (Robert Goodwill) who is also a farmer has to say on the subject.