Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Packham gets General License revoked!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    We understand what the laws says. What about shooting pigeons for food ? you said it was allowed when it has never been allowed And what it says doesn't reflect what DEFRA intended it to, though they helped write it up to appease their masters. They didn't police it because they knew it was not fit for purpose. So sure everyone ignored it because it was baloney. And that's the issue.

If its going to be corrected then it had better reflect what actually is practiced and practical.

It maybe illegal to shoot a wood pigeon for pooping on your car but that doesn't make the pigeon not an agricultural pest that can be shot. That wood pigeon have adapted to roost in urban areas doesn't mean they don't eat their fill in rural areas. Where they can be controlled so long as safe shouldn't matter. Its the law writers who can't write up the practical that works. Even DEFRA knows that, we all do. Best they sort it.

No maybe about , It's totally illegal .

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Because I'm scottish I don't have an opinion on whats going on in England . For all you know I could be living in England and not changed my location in my profile like many have also not done on here
    So have you?
    Thanks for looking

KFC urban conservationists invest nothing and their commitment goes only as far as ringing the Council if they find a rat in their house. Which is part of the remit when you rent a house from a landlord be it council or private let then you call the landlord to deal with it . do you think everyone in the UK owns a firearm to control pest ?

For rats they use poison.
    Which is allowed and is done so by following the regulations on its use .

Quote Originally Posted by 223AI View Post
    So have you?
    what does it matter ? do you have to live in a country to have a say on what's going on in it ? do you ever have a say in matters that happen in Scotland .show me the ruling on the BBS that says I have to stick to subjects in the country that I have listed in my profile ?

what does it matter ? do you have to live in a country to have a say on what's going on in it ? do you ever have a say in matters that happen in Scotland .show me the ruling on the BBS that says I have to stick to subjects in the country that I have listed in my profile ?
    Is there a BBS rule that says your profile should show your accurate location?
    Thanks for looking

Is there a BBS rule that says your profile should show your accurate location?
    For sales yes

Before you post an advert or a response to an advert on the BBS, please type the name of your nearest or postal town into your User Profile.

To do this, first, click on 'Settings' at the top right of the screen then, click on 'Edit Profile' on the list down the left hand side of your screen, and into the space provided, type the name of your town into 'Nearest town (not your county)'. Hit 'Save Changes'' at the bottom of the page and you're done.

This rule is to help protect BBS members from fraudsters and from former members who have been banned for trading irregularities, and who try to get back onto the BBS under a new identity. Knowing their location makes it easier for the mods to identify them so that they can be banned from the BBS.

Aberdeenshire is not a town and I don't post sales Ads often and when I do I change my location back to my local town .

I change it to aberdeenshire for the similar reason you changed your username Privacy

Let's stick to the topic in hand lads, nets and where someone resides doesn't come into this.

Carry on

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Let's stick to the topic in hand lads, nets and where someone resides doesn't come into this.

Carry on
    Will do Mick .

We understand what the laws says. And what it says doesn't reflect what DEFRA intended it to, though they helped write it up to appease their masters. They didn't police it because they knew it was not fit for purpose. So sure everyone ignored it because it was baloney. And thats the issue.

If its going to be corrected then it had better reflect what actually is practiced and practical.

It maybe illegal to shoot a wood pigeon for pooping on your car but that doesn't make the pigeon not an agricultural pest that can be shot. That wood pigeon have adapted to roost in urban areas doesn't mean they don't eat their fill in rural areas. Where they can be controlled so long as safe shouldn't matter. Its the law writers who can't write up the practical that works. Even DEFRA knows that, we all do. Best they sort it.
    But you are struggling to understand this.

Just because you think something should happen doesn't mean that's what the law allows to happen.

It's not the law writers failure to understand, it's your failure to understand that the law makers have considered the situation and the GL wasn't compliant with it. Best they sort it means they'll make licenses like you've seen in recent weeks so that those with pest issues as described can satisfy the license terms and those without can forget it.

For sales yes

Before you post an advert or a response to an advert on the BBS, please type the name of your nearest or postal town into your User Profile.

To do this, first, click on 'Settings' at the top right of the screen then, click on 'Edit Profile' on the list down the left hand side of your screen, and into the space provided, type the name of your town into 'Nearest town (not your county)'. Hit 'Save Changes'' at the bottom of the page and you're done.

This rule is to help protect BBS members from fraudsters and from former members who have been banned for trading irregularities, and who try to get back onto the BBS under a new identity. Knowing their location makes it easier for the mods to identify them so that they can be banned from the BBS.

Aberdeenshire is not a town and I don't post sales Ads often and when I do I change my location back to my local town .

I change it to aberdeenshire for the similar reason you changed your username Privacy
    Ah I would expect nothing less
    Thanks for looking

I understand how the previous GLs. Worked and how the current GLs work
    A corvid in your garden is a problem to any nesting birds in the area!
    Nothing wrong with attracting predators if the overpopulated ones don't get to leave
    Yep, I'm convinced.

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    But you are struggling to understand this.

Just because you think something should happen doesn't mean that's what the law allows to happen.

It's not the law writers failure to understand, it's your failure to understand that the law makers have considered the situation and the GL wasn't compliant with it. Best they sort it means they'll make licenses like you've seen in recent weeks so that those with pest issues as described can satisfy the license terms and those without can forget it.
    The biggest quandary I see is pigeon decoying.

By far the most effective method of pigeon control but under the terms of the new licence it is surely contradictory as the terms require non lethal methods to be continued while lethal methods are carried out. Now as there is already case law for people attracting birds to shoot them this may well cause a problem and make effective pigeon control far more difficult. Which is the point the new licences, even if we accep them as needed, are not workable
    Thanks for looking

Yep, I'm convinced.
    Me too .

Yep, I'm convinced.
    I don’t shoot anything in my garden buddy, too close to the centre of the highway....
    Thanks for looking

Me too .
    I'm glad!
    Thanks for looking