Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 LastLast

Thread: Packham gets General License revoked!!!!

I like Burger King, over KFC. Enjoy yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    Yes, on my cricket and Badminton lawn. I have plenty elsewhere.

I have bumblebee houses, butterfly hibernation places, shed roofs for bats, hedgehog mounds, wood piles, an apple tree, eaves for the Martins, all sorts.
    What have you got in your garden? Predator magnet bird table?

Please don't try and lecture me on conservation.
    Would the weed killer not kill the hedgehogs ?

A shed ,a mall patio ,some flowers the wife plants and and over grown lawn as i cant be ersed to mow it . happy ?

My neighbour has a bird feeder in HER garden though . I don't

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Would the weed killer not kill the hedgehogs ?

A shed ,a mall patio ,some flowers the wife plants and and over grown lawn as i cant be ersed to mow it . happy ?

My neighbour has a bird feeder in HER garden though . I don't
    If my children can play on the lawn I would think the hedgehogs are fine.
    I can be "ersed".
    Enjoy your KFC.

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    Good job they're big, you seem to have trouble seeing the smaller stuff.
    Even when I [ highlighted and made it BOLD to make is more visible . Only reading what they want to read seems to be the problem .

Good job they're big, you seem to have trouble seeing the smaller stuff.
    You missed the fact that they are suggesting PHYSICAL BARRIERS for high value crops on a small sale only then? Tapes being a visual deterrent (not physical barrier), guess it’s not just me that misses the small stuff!
    Thanks for looking

Quote Originally Posted by 223AI View Post
    You missed the fact that they are suggesting PHYSICAL BARRIERS for high value crops on a small sale only then? Tapes being a visual deterrent (not physical barrier), guess it’s not just me that misses the small stuff!
    No. You missed the fact that they were talking about small scale and went on about large scale. Now you're desperately trying to obfuscate, like you have from page 1. It's just sad.

We know it doesn't apply to large scale. It also doesn't apply to oil tankers, chess boards and space ships, mars and the back side of the moon. In case that needed pointing out as well. Caveat is there may be other examples we aren't talking about that they weren't talking about.

Good grief, it's a good job there's not an IQ test attached to pest control.

No. You missed the fact that they were talking about small scale and went on about large scale. Now you're desperately trying to obfuscate, like you have from page 1. It's just sad.

We know it doesn't apply to large scale. It also doesn't apply to oil tankers, chess boards and space ships, mars and the back side of the moon. In case that needed pointing out as well. Caveat is there may be other examples we aren't talking about that they weren't talking about.

Good grief, it's a good job there's not an IQ test attached to pest control.
    You really are a condescending little man aren’t you?

I was quoted, Bighit was responding to me, now clearly my pest control is done on the larger scale 6000+ acres over 3 farms primarily large scale arable so not joe bloggs in his allotment. the suggestion of using tapes as a physical or visual deterrent are not suitable which is what I responded!

So I shall revert to form, you, short carabine and bighit don’t really seem to have the first clue on what pest control entails on anything but a minor scale so you crack on, you’ll be pleased to know I have better things to do so I shall leave this thread to you experts
    Thanks for looking

You really are a condescending little man aren’t you?

I was quoted, Bighit was responding to me, now clearly my pest control is done on the larger scale 6000+ acres over 3 farms primarily large scale arable so not joe bloggs in his allotment. the suggestion of using tapes as a physical or visual deterrent are not suitable which is what I responded!

So I shall revert to form, you, short carabine and bighit don’t really seem to have the first clue on what pest control entails on anything but a minor scale so you crack on, you’ll be pleased to know I have better things to do so I shall leave this thread to you experts
    Good stuff. I wouldn't want to distract you from all that large scale 'proper' shooting you do. Size issues much?

RobF can anyone actually provide an alternative solution that actually works at all levels?

Because there isn't I shoot.

Give one, and prove there is an alternative that isn't short lived or an invitation to cover the UK in plastic netting. Please give some idea of costings and investment necessary to implement the ideas.

I'll get the popcorn out.

Good stuff. I wouldn't want to distract you from all that large scale 'proper' shooting you do. Size issues much?
    While you are at it explain what you mean by "proper" shooting?

RobF can anyone actually provide an alternative solution that actually works at all levels?

Because there isn't I shoot.

Give one, and prove there is an alternative that isn't short lived or an invitation to cover the UK in plastic netting. Please give some idea of costings and investment necessary to implement the ideas.

I'll get the popcorn out.
    Here we go again. You have been given plenty yet you keep asking again . Go back and read through the full thread.
    Your like a headless chicken .

Don't sit and write an essay that normally spouts the same stuff you have asked over and over . you have been told numerous time yet keep asking the same questions
    Last edited by bighit; 17-05-2019 at 06:43 PM.

While you are at it explain what you mean by "proper" shooting?
    This thread seems to show the difference between those that properly shoot and those that play around with air guns!
    Quite strange considering the forum is called AirgunBBS. I've put it in bold so he can't read it. Don't want him thinking this is me being condescending n all.

So you are not going to answer the two questions?

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Here we go again. You have been given plenty yet you keep asking again . Go back and read through the full thread.
    Your like a headless chicken .

Genuine question .are you a farmer and are you losing crops or lambs ? Don't just say it's because the prices will go up in the shops .that will affect every one not just shooters as the prices went up and down before this revocation

Are you incensed that you can't get out shooting wild birds because you don't want to even try other methods that you claim don't work ? If you can show the of YOUR lost livestock and crops then show it.

The general license has given you their accepted ways and that's it in a nutshell

Or are you just the guy that shoots in the farmers fields?

Don't sit and write an essay that normally spouts the same stuff you have asked over and over . you have been told numerous time yet keep asking the same questions
    The attitude of some people on a supposedly Shooting Website amazes me, it's like you have been on here just waiting for the green light to Troll.

They can't answer the questions because they haven't a clue.
    Its the same mentality of those in the EU that wrote up the useless legislation that now has to be dealt with. Even DEFRA tried to ignore it for six years because it was nonsensical.
    And these muppets are trying to defend it.