Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3846474849 LastLast

Thread: Packham gets General License revoked!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    So you are not going to answer the two questions?
    Can you answer them ?
    Have you tried any other methods and have proof they don't work ?

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    Good stuff. I wouldn't want to distract you from all that large scale 'proper' shooting you do. Size issues much?
    Indeed. Mr AI, I could speculate on that the AI bit stands for reckons I know nothing about pest control. It may help him to know that I spent 20 years living on a working farm...dealing with daily pest control issues...responsibly and legally.

Quote Originally Posted by 223AI View Post
    Ah so all I have to say is I can’t afford non lethal methods. Didn’t realise it was that easy!
    That was my reply to the aircraft hanger situation

To net off a hanger would be prohibitively expensive, it would also be highly impractical as aircraft will be regularly entering & leaving the hanger, the net itself would also present a FOD risk to aircraft, therefore the hanger owner can easily make the case that the only practical answer is precision culling by air rifle.

They can't answer the questions because they haven't a clue.
    Its the same mentality of those in the EU that wrote up the useless legislation that now has to be dealt with. Even DEFRA tried to ignore it for six years because it was nonsensical.
    And these muppets are trying to defend it.
    The same useless legislation that you used for 6 years too . It seemed to work for you then .

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    The same useless legislation that you used for 6 years too . It seemed to work for you then .
    Game, set and match

So you are not going to answer the two questions?
    One of them I just have.

For the other it's a complete and utter irrelevance. The whole point is that WJ have shown that something that worked at all levels wasn't lawful. A prime example they give is shooting jays for fishery problems.

Go and read the articles on the GL, then come back. All of the answers you are looking for are there. Apart from 223's size issues which no one can explain.

It will save you going around in circles on here trying constant whataboutery.

One of them I just have.

For the other it's a complete and utter irrelevance. The whole point is that WJ have shown that something that worked at all levels wasn't lawful. A prime example they give is shooting jays for fishery problems.

Go and read the articles on the GL, then come back. All of the answers you are looking for are there. Apart from 223's size issues which no one can explain.

Nice one, Rob

Good luck to anyone who thinks that they can to reduce the decline in songbirds, prevent loss of lambs, and increase breeding rates in Grey Partridge and Grouse without using Ladders and Larsens to control Corvids including Hoodies, Jackdaws, Crows and Magpies.

Maybe they just need to try and understand the time and effort involved.

As most people were taking the advice from Defra and that we could carry on as we had in the past, then sure it worked.

One of them I just have.

But non of the suggestions work. And yes I've seen most tried. Done some great shooting beside a Pigeon scarer gun. Best day was trying not to shoot the flags and kite scarers.
    Just because these legislation junkies think it might work doesn't mean it does. They shouldn't have put it in without testing their theory first. That they put it in makes them muppets.

Please provide one alternative method that does work. One that which covers more than a handkerchief.

They can't answer the questions because they haven't a clue.
    Its the same mentality of those in the EU that wrote up the useless legislation that now has to be dealt with. Even DEFRA tried to ignore it for six years because it was nonsensical.
    And these muppets are trying to defend it.
    No one is "defending" it, we are simply pointing out the legalities of what it actually says or has said in the past.
    and that while you are blinkered to the FACT in front of your eyes, you have been misusing one or more of GL 04/05/06 as cover to kill certain birds, purely because you appear to have a pathological hatred of them.

Methods that could be used over large fields might include the bird scaring bangers (hateful things), mobile things that move & flash in the wind, not sure what they're called but the inflating scarecrow things that pop up on a timer, even an old fashioned static scare crow.
    All the licence says is such things must be tried & shown to fail before shooting is used.

As for all the boll*x about the ambiguity of what it means, anyone with half a brain will use that same ambiguity in their favour .

Why because I can see someone who is not fully affected by this other than he cant go shooting wild birds on someone else's land who it IS affecting 100%.
    I don't get that?? I shoot Pigeons on about a dozen farms for Landowners who don't shoot and wouldn't have the time for Pigeon / Crow control if they did but they all have serious issues with crop damage hence why I get to go on, it's a mutual thing where we both get something out of it. Everything I shoot is eaten other than Corvids. I won't go again until the Licencing is sorted, the current GL is so ambiguous I won't risk my FAC / SGC by shooting. Your attitude suprises me because you appear to think if you don't own the Crops or Livestock you shouldn't be shooting anything or maybe even nobody should be shooting 'wild birds' at all and you frequent a shooting website? Similar to you on PW saying there should be a Lead Ban, who need enemies!!

But non of the suggestions work. And yes I've seen most tried. Done some great shooting beside a Pigeon scarer gun. Best day was trying not to shoot the flags and kite scarers.
    Just because these legislation junkies think it might work doesn't mean it does. They shouldn't have put it in without testing their theory first. That they put it in makes them muppets.

Please provide one alternative method that does work. One that which covers more than a handkerchief.
    Go and read the articles on the current situation. The answer for your question is written clearly in there. I am not going to spoon feed you the information you actually need to know to shoot. That is part of the very problem that WJ point out. If you cannot answer your own questions then it suggests you didn't understand the situation before and you don't now. You going around in circles on an internet forum isn't going to change that, you need to break the cycle if you want to progress in what you want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanner. View Post
    I don't get that?? I shoot Pigeons on about a dozen farms for Landowners who don't shoot and wouldn't have the time for Pigeon / Crow control if they did but they all have serious issues with crop damage hence why I get to go on,

it's a mutual thing where we both get something out of it.

Everything I shoot is eaten other than Corvids.

I won't go again until the Licencing is sorted, the current GL is so ambiguous I won't risk my FAC / SGC by shooting.

Your attitude surprises me because you appear to think if you don't own the Crops or Livestock you shouldn't be shooting anything or maybe even nobody should be shooting 'wild birds' at all and you frequent a shooting website?

Similar to you on PW saying there should be a Lead Ban, who need enemies!!
    agreed. I should not have came out with that .

East Midlands, 6 chains from the graveyard.
    I'll only talk about Woodies, as that's all I'm interested in controlling.
    EU legislation allows for shooting of Woodies for any purpose outside of breeding season. The restrictions imposed by the general licnce should only apply during breeding season "where there is no other satisfactory solution", Defra and EA decided to make the restrictions tighter than allowed by EU.