Thread: If you shoot birds read this

If you shoot birds read this

Don’t normally post in this section but ...

3 of the general licences are being pulled as of the 25th so most lethal control of birds will be illegal

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/g...g-requirements
    Thanks for looking

Thanks

Many thanks for posting this.I have been a member of BASC for many years now and they never seem to contact me on any important issues such as this.I always get post and emails about shows e.t.c but not about things that really matter.

The actual law isn't changing.

You will have to apply for an individual licence, which if you're shooting legally you should be able to get, since you have to meet the same requirements that are already in the general licence. This will come as a shock to those shooters who never bothered to read the licence that they're supposedly shooting under.

Be interesting to see what happens in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Quote Originally Posted by distantcamera View Post
    The actual law isn't changing.

You will have to apply for an individual licence, which if you're shooting legally you should be able to get, since you have to meet the same requirements that are already in the general licence. This will come as a shock to those shooters who never bothered to read the licence that they're supposedly shooting under.

Be interesting to see what happens in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
    As I stated in another post on this subject, it's not applicable to Wales at this time as we're covered by the Natural Resource Body for Wales under their General Licences 001 & 002 which are in place for 2019.