Thread: Is it worth it?

Grayling is offline Lego Leggaed letch and Lohan Lover with added Moist
    An Englishman & Scouser born & bred AND PROUD!

Question Is it worth it?

seen an advert for an AA Pro Elite with simmons scope (doe,snt say which) in .22 for £255 is this a better version of the Pro Sport? And is it worth it? Please forgive my ignorance on this matter, but have,nt been in the market for a springer for over 20yrs.
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.
    Co-founder of Treats 4 British Troops

PE is the break barrel, now sadly discontinued.

Regarded very very highly by many people

Get a 177.

SteveH

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie
    PE is the break barrel, now sadly discontinued.

Regarded very very highly by many people
    So thats agood price then Geordie? Been for sale about 3 days now no takers so far. How far back do they go? Must admit always liked AA springer, gotta be worth a call, has,nt it.
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Hi

I had a P.E. once and it was a fine rifle to shoot, I took it too a gun club as soon as I got it and thought it was shooting all over the place after we zeroed it in, until we realised it had stuck 3 pellets through the same hole and that was in .22 as well, only sold it as it was too heavy and too long for stalking.

I think I paid about £250ish for it with a cruddy 4x40 scope on it as well.

Cheers

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

hadaka-jimi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by grayling
    So thats agood price then Geordie? Been for sale about 3 days now no takers so far. How far back do they go? Must admit always liked AA springer, gotta be worth a call, has,nt it.
    The for sale section is very quite at the moment. Rifles that would ordinarily be snapped up are hanging around and an awful lot of bumps and TTT are appearing.

I think springers are easier to sell at the moment.

Cant help with the price thou. not into spring guns

seen an advert for an AA Pro Elite with simmons scope (doe,snt say which) in .22 for £255 is this a better version of the Pro Sport? And is it worth it?
    I've got one of these (Pro elite .22), and they are very nice rifles - smooth with a good trigger, but they are bloody heavy.At least they seem heavy, I also have a HW97 which is around the same weight, but when held, it does feel lighter.I suppose it is all down to individuals as to how they like their rifles to feel.
    I think £255 is a little expensive, a local shop has one for £200, and you get 3 months warranty with that.I paid £150 for mine privately around 3 months ago.Add £50 for a scope and mounts of your choice and you can see £255 is too much.
    £200 in excellent condition would seem OK, though not a bargain IMO.
    Alan.

Value is a very subjective thing - an object is worth as much as a man is willing to pay for it

Quick search on the sales shows scoped models selling well at £250, with one £175 example being snapped up very quickly

http://www.airgunbbs.com/search.php?searchid=306059

Haggle a bit and see what you can get it for?

ATB,

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by alanl
    I've got one of these (Pro elite .22), and they are very nice rifles - smooth with a good trigger, but they are bloody heavy.At least they seem heavy, I also have a HW97 which is around the same weight, but when held, it does feel lighter.I suppose it is all down to individuals as to how they like their rifles to feel.
    I think £255 is a little expensive, a local shop has one for £200, and you get 3 months warranty with that.I paid £150 for mine privately around 3 months ago.Add £50 for a scope and mounts of your choice and you can see £255 is too much.
    £200 in excellent condition would seem OK, though not a bargain IMO.
    Alan.
    Cheers Alan thats a big help, sooner have a 97 any way, had the 77 loved it. Am in the market for a springer S/H or new, the general opinion on here seems to be TX200 outta the box, tuned 97( have to be s/h) or Pro Sport outta the box. Few guys have said i can blat a few rounds from some of the above at the Gathering/Allcomers, problem is the money is burning a hole in my pocket, but think wait.

Acenorth. is offline Extreme Ironing World Record Holder.
    Cheers Alan thats a big help, sooner have a 97 any way, had the 77 loved it. Am in the market for a springer S/H or new, the general opinion on here seems to be TX200 outta the box, tuned 97( have to be s/h) or Pro Sport outta the box. Few guys have said i can blat a few rounds from some of the above at the Gathering/Allcomers, problem is the money is burning a hole in my pocket, but think wait.

Gary, I can help there....
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    Don't assume anything.... It makes an ASS out of U and ME

Quote Originally Posted by Acenorth.
    Gary, I can help there....

Thanks Ian, got your mail, take your advice and leave it, cheers mate.