Thread: HW 100 K in 177

HW 100 K in 177

how many shots are you guys getting per fill ?
    Thanks

Fluffybuck is offline Member of the .25 cal fan club
    From the factory, 40-50 seems normal. They have the potential to achieve 1.5-2x that at 11.0-11.25ftlb if carefully tweaked.

I tweaked mine. One of mine started with low-40s and the other mid-50s, but with careful, patient tweaking they almost doubled.
    I also removed their anti-tamper while at it and replaced with old-style internals.

Here's a graph 'before and after' for one of mine - red before tweaking, blue after, shot number along x axis, pellet velocity along y axis:
    I'll probably be selling in a few weeks time but at the moment they're in the loft, dusty, with some rust on the barrels and haven't been used for a few years so need checking over before I can advertise them.

muzzie is offline Wants something a little...special
    Normally..around 50..mine gives me about 80 full power shots.
    I've never tweaked it nor did previous owner and he bought it new, so I don't know what happened there but I was very pleased.
    This is the crisis I knew had to come, Distroying the balance Id kept.
    Turning around to the next set of lives, Wondering what will come next .

From the shop, 200 bar to 90, 5 mags or 70 shots. A couple of times I inadvertently went below 90 bar for another mag and didn't notice a drop in POI at 25 yd.

It was a bit under power though so I removed the AT and turned it up a tad to 11.5 ft.lb and still getting 5 mags, but tend to refill at 4 because 4 is what I have.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    I've had a few and they have all been 50ish - low shot counts from small cylinders are typical and also don't lend themselves to good flat power curves - I'd not be happy with the graphs above, and considering this is after tuning I'd be quite disappointed with a 15fps spread which is all over the place

Here is an example of an XTX regged R10 - way better, and there is also a 100 shot string from a Daystate MK4is with no fettling at all - take away a couple of weird ones for using unweighted pellets from the tin and it's within around 10/12fps across the whole 100 shot string

Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Fluffybuck is offline Member of the .25 cal fan club
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    I've had a few and they have all been 50ish - low shot counts from small cylinders are typical and also don't lend themselves to good flat power curves - I'd not be happy with the graphs above, and considering this is after tuning I'd be quite disappointed with a 15fps spread which is all over the place
    Not if you consider that the pellets in that tin (unsorted AA Field/JSB) varied from 8.2-8.6 grains.

Statistically, the weight difference alone could explain all of the difference in velocity.

Lightest pellet at highest velocity, heaviest pellet at lowest velocity.
    8.2gn at 789ft/sec = 11.34ftlb
    8.6gn at 772ft/sec = 11.38ftlb

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffybuck View Post
    Not if you consider that the pellets in that tin (unsorted AA Field/JSB) varied from 8.2-8.6 grains.

Statistically, the weight difference alone could explain all of the difference in velocity.

Lightest pellet at highest velocity, heaviest pellet at lowest velocity.
    8.2gn at 789ft/sec = 11.34ftlb
    8.6gn at 772ft/sec = 11.38ftlb
    Of course your right, yet the pellets I used in my MK4is and also in the R10 were not weighed But here are two tins of pellets I weighed earlier this week for some bench rest work. It shows that statistically your likely to get different pellet weights, but unlikely to get pellets going 8.2/8.6/8.2/8.6 shot after shot - it's far more likely to get odd spikes or troughs with the "few" pellets your likely to use from either end of the weight range scattered in with the overwhelming majority of pellets which are within 0.1/0.2gn of each other - just look at the 100 shot string for the MK4is - you can see odd spikes/troughs which are exactly as this would predict.

I'm just saying for a tuned gun, even with unweighted pellets, the results are erratic and I would expect better

I've also put up a graph of my last HW100kt - look at the figures, again it was unweighted pellets and drops off the reg past 50 shots, but it's within 10fps between around 768 and 778fps before that - and it's a standard gun

Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired