Thread: Chinese 'FACOG'

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Caveat emptor

Eyebull,

Glad yours worked out.

A note of caution. I bought a really cheap one (£25?) a few years ago on a whim.

It had no illumination, passive or active.

It had a crude pseudo-mildot reticle.

It had almost zero eye relief. I wear specs, and to get a proper sight picture, my specs had to be actually touching the eyepiece.

So, to others, be really careful what you are buying. Some of the FACOGs, FEOTECHS, FAIMPOINTS (etc, I spot a trend coming) are OK for casual air gun use. Others are just, frankly, utter rubbish suited - at best - for airsoft.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Eyebull,

Glad yours worked out.

A note of caution. I bought a really cheap one (£25?) a few years ago on a whim.

It had no illumination, passive or active.

It had a crude pseudo-mildot reticle.

It had almost zero eye relief. I wear specs, and to get a proper sight picture, my specs had to be actually touching the eyepiece.

So, to others, be really careful what you are buying. Some of the FACOGs, FEOTECHS, FAIMPOINTS (etc, I spot a trend coming) are OK for casual air gun use. Others are just, frankly, utter rubbish suited - at best - for airsoft.
    There were some on ali express for about that price, but realistically even the Chinese can't make a decent magnifying optic to retail for less than £25. Even at this lower level, you do get what you pay for.
    I have two very nice red dot sights, an aimpoint and docter clone, from memory they were about £50 each. I've seen and used a real Docter and I could barely tell the difference. The £20 copies on the other hand are utter rubbish, barely even fit for airsoft.

Someone at some point is going to pipe up and say that if I'd bought a genuine one I'd only have to buy once, but my counter to that is that I own about 40 or so airguns, and like buggery am I going to have a £500+ sight on all of them. If I had that kind of money I'd just buy more guns
    Good deals with these members