Thread: Online UBC Benchrest competiton

Online UBC Benchrest competiton

If you would like to try benchrest shooting at a moderately competitive level but don't want to get too involved with attending shoots etc then why not think about joining the Umarex Boys Club and joining in our new benchrest competition?
    I am the competition manager for the new UBC 20yd and Various benchrest competition. Why Various? Well, although the main element of our competiton season is the 20yd we are giving those who aren't quite able to get a 20yd range the option to shoot at 15yds, in addition to which those who would like to shoot at distances greater than 20yds can do so up to 50yds.
    We will be starting our first season of six months duration on May1st and prior to that we have been having three months of pre-season shooting whilst we set up the website and forms etc. Results for these three months can be seen at the UBC competition website by clicking on:
    http://ubccompetition.btck.co.uk/20y...estCompetition
    We are are friendly shooting club based originally for pistols but with a number of competitions available for air rifle users. Everything is done on trust and we are not restricted by masses of rules, and whilst results are posted in league tables each month many find it gives the opportunity to shoot and record results to see how they progress as individuals... I know I certainly do!
    If you would like further information on the UBC you can visit the club forum at http://www.umarexboysclub-forum.co.uk/
    Or if you would like specific info or have questions about the benchrest competition feel free to PM me* with an email address and I can send you a copy of our target and rules. Please don't post your personal email address on open forum.

I'll leave you with this final thought, can you put twenty pellets into circles the size of a 5p piece twenty times in a row at twenty yards? If you can then you'll enjoy using our benchrest target, and if you can't then you can test how your shooting is improving each month. You'll see when you look at the target that scores of 8 and over are in a diameter the size of a 5p piece whereas 7 and above is the same as hitting a 10p piece.
    Come and join us.
    Jim aka Dagwood
    Last edited by Dagwood; 25-04-2019 at 07:45 PM.

Sounds like a good competition,

Tried to join but it won't let me ?
    Last edited by robthedog; 26-04-2019 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by robthedog View Post
    Sounds like a good competition,

Tried to join but it won't let me ?
    What happens when you try Rob? If you prefer then send me a PM please.
    Jim
    PS I have emailed UBC VP and asked if he can help. I might have to ask you to send me your email address via PM.
    Last edited by Dagwood; 28-04-2019 at 08:57 AM.