Thread: reloading

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

decisions-decisions.

I'm stuck in the .222/.223 dilemma. Variation for a .222 and see what can be done with modern powders and components or a .223 which is a more or less given as far as accuracy goes out to >250, which is all I need. Hmmmmm.......

I do like the "heritage" of the .222 though.

go .223 fast twist if poss .with the right load sub inch at 250 will be far better than factory ammo.more data and more reloading dies etc. top tip bite the bullet and get good gear first time round if possible.lapua brass is not cheap until you realise you can load it 20 times if the right dies are set up well etc.powder is not cheap untill you realise how many of those .223 bullets a 1 kg tub can make. as said already its as much a hobby as shooting if not more so.

Quote Originally Posted by zx10mike View Post
    go .223 fast twist if poss .with the right load sub inch at 250 will be far better than factory ammo.more data and more reloading dies etc. top tip bite the bullet and get good gear first time round if possible.lapua brass is not cheap until you realise you can load it 20 times if the right dies are set up well etc.powder is not cheap untill you realise how many of those .223 bullets a 1 kg tub can make. as said already its as much a hobby as shooting if not more so.
    Cheers. Had a CZ .223, 1 in 9 a few years ago and it was a cracker. I already reload for the Hornet so I have that addiction already.......

Quote Originally Posted by sirmissalot View Post
    I'm stuck in the .222/.223 dilemma. Variation for a .222 and see what can be done with modern powders and components or a .223 which is a more or less given as far as accuracy goes out to >250, which is all I need. Hmmmmm.......

I do like the "heritage" of the .222 though.
    my .223 is a tack driver and ricks got a 22-250 which is just the same.....horses for courses really.....if stuck for factory ammo then it as to be .223

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Get an RCBS Partner kit and add a case trimmer and a set of Lee dies to it, and you'll probably have change from £350-£370.
    Unless your reloading hobby grows arms and legs, that'll last you for years. I bought a Partner kit in about 1989 and althogh I've now got heavier duty presses, the Partner still does the job when I use it.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

buy Ppu ammo you will not beat it

Quote Originally Posted by ratshot5 View Post
    buy Ppu ammo you will not beat it
    true its very good brass for reloading
    You Cannot Reason People Out of Something They Were Not Reasoned Into
    "Politicians like to panic, they need activity. It is their substitute for achievement" Sir Humphry Appleby

Lee loader. £30
    Do it.

It's a slippery slope.