Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another newbie question

Quote Originally Posted by severnsider View Post
    N320/Bullseye/Unique etc....... however, you may find that the 30" twist of the Rossi is better-suited to the 125gr projectiles. At least, that's what I found with mine!
    Is it really a 1:30?! Will measure mine later, shoots ok with 158s for me but I’m not that great a shot with irons
    Thanks for looking

Quote Originally Posted by 223AI View Post
    Is it really a 1:30?! Will measure mine later, shoots ok with 158s for me but I’m not that great a shot with irons
    im struggling with irons to and glasses with glasses on see the sight blurred target no glasses vice versa been looking for a scope mount for mine but read a lot of horror story's about import tax etc turning a $40 mount into a £ 100 plus .

don't fancy spending loads on drilling and tapping on what is a cheap fun cowboy assault rifle

Quote Originally Posted by kaboom View Post
    im struggling with irons to and glasses with glasses on see the sight blurred target no glasses vice versa been looking for a scope mount for mine but read a lot of horror story's about import tax etc turning a $40 mount into a £ 100 plus .

don't fancy spending loads on drilling and tapping on what is a cheap fun cowboy assault rifle
    I doubt anyone has eyes good enough to keep the front and rear sight and target all in focus at the same time
    You Cannot Reason People Out of Something They Were Not Reasoned Into
    "Politicians like to panic, they need activity. It is their substitute for achievement" Sir Humphry Appleby

Quote Originally Posted by 223AI View Post
    Yes...… mine is, and it shot OK with 158s too. Just a bit better with the 125s though. Older Rossis may have had a tighter twist?

Quote Originally Posted by severnsider View Post
    Yes...… mine is, and it shot OK with 158s too. Just a bit better with the 125s though. Older Rossis may have had a tighter twist?
    Will measure mine when I get 5, it’s an older octagonal barrel, shoots the 125s and 158s equally well (or badly) for me! Still, it’s conditioned for AOLQ and I picked up potential medal muntjac buck with it a couple of weeks ago so it shoots ok!
    Thanks for looking

Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
    I doubt anyone has eyes good enough to keep the front and rear sight and target all in focus at the same time
    Look through a pinhole. Everything goes into focus at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Beard View Post
    Look through a pinhole. Everything goes into focus at the same time.
    unless the OP has changed the original sights to a diopter, he will still struggle.
    True there are kits to stick an aperture to glasses, but that wasn't the question, with normal iron sights it isn't expected for you to be able to keep the rear,front and target all in focus together, so learning how to use them is a necessary skil to learn.
    You Cannot Reason People Out of Something They Were Not Reasoned Into
    "Politicians like to panic, they need activity. It is their substitute for achievement" Sir Humphry Appleby

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by kaboom View Post

I've found that a cheap pair of reading glasses, bought from Aldi have been a real help. They come in several strengths, and I bought the ones that weren't strong enough for me to read with. For me that was +1 strength. They were just strong enough to sharpen up the front sight, but not so strong that the target became a blur.
    I've used these glasses now out to 200m with my .303. Before that I was seriously considering selling it because after 2 or 3 shots I'd lose the ability to see the foresight.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.