Thread: Wooden grips

East Hanningfield, near Chelmsford, Essex

Wooden grips

There was a guy on here who made me a set of wooden grips for my Tempest. I have lost his details. I am looking for grips for my CP88 and 1911
    Thanks

Coming to grips

Quote Originally Posted by schony View Post
    There was a guy on here who made me a set of wooden grips for my Tempest. I have lost his details. I am looking for grips for my CP88 and 1911
    Thanks
    . Yeah......., that was me. It would be difficult to make grips for pistols I don't have. I can make ergonomic grips for : Diana Mods 5, 6, P5. / HW 45 /Webley Tempest, Hurricane, Nemesis, Senior, Premier,Juniors..... Cometa Indian / Benjamins / Crosmans/ It's not just the outline pattern but possible recesses needed on the backside of the grips that can make it difficult remotely. Thanks for the interest.

More grips

Quote Originally Posted by Markmelesky View Post
    . Yeah......., that was me. It would be difficult to make grips for pistols I don't have. I can make ergonomic grips for : Diana Mods 5, 6, P5. / HW 45 /Webley Tempest, Hurricane, Nemesis, Senior, Premier,Juniors..... Cometa Indian / Benjamins / Crosmans/ It's not just the outline pattern but possible recesses needed on the backside of the grips that can make it difficult remotely. Thanks for the interest.
    So ,I looked at the pistols you mentioned and they look doable...... In fact the grips I make for my HW 45's could well fit your 1911......Are the fasteners on the CP 88 .. 3 and an eighth inch apart ? You could look at the back side of your grips to see if there are recesses or holes for holding pins and such.

East Hanningfield, near Chelmsford, Essex

Wooden grips

Quote Originally Posted by Markmelesky View Post
    So ,I looked at the pistols you mentioned and they look doable...... In fact the grips I make for my HW 45's could well fit your 1911......Are the fasteners on the CP 88 .. 3 and an eighth inch apart ? You could look at the back side of your grips to see if there are recesses or holes for holding pins and such.
    Thank you for getting in touch. I have fitted gen 1911 grip on the hw45 and they fitted well. I will check the 88 grips as you say and get back to you
    Thanks againy

Get a Grip

Quote Originally Posted by schony View Post
    Thank you for getting in touch. I have fitted gen 1911 grip on the hw45 and they fitted well. I will check the 88 grips as you say and get back to you
    Thanks againy
    I currently have 7 sets of grips for the HW 45...... I will try to get some pics up.... My stuff has way more ergonomics than the standard grips[plates] that come on the HW45. Thanks again