Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possibly becomeing a weirauch fan boy. 🤔😄

Possibly becomeing a weirauch fan boy. 🤔😄

Good evening all. So, I've recently bought and become obsessed by a hw45 black star. I love the bugger. Unfortunately it's a bit loud for evening cellar shoots.
    Anyway, I also own a basically mint Airmatch 600... Lately I've been considering also buying a Hw75.. I'm wondering if anyone would know if its comparable with the airmatch in power/accuracy /fun. I'm aware it's classed as a starter grade target pistol but hey... I want another weirauch. ��. Anyone got a Hw75 for sale, or trade?
    Last edited by Turbs; 01-05-2019 at 10:24 PM.

Hi Paul,

Yes, the '45 is certainly an addictive pistol and so full of character. No surprise really that you love it to bits.

I don't own a '75, but it's at the very top of my list as my next gun, having had a few brief shots with them. I don't know anything about the Air Match. But what I do know is that the 75's little brother, the HW40, is a very, very accurate pistol and easy to extract the accuracy from, too.

On inspection, the 75 feels, to me, to be a more substantial, more classily and robustly built platform and oozing more finesse. The '40 exhibits a little muzzle flip, I couldn't detect any with the '75.

Not cheap, but lovely.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Thanks Tony. I'd completely overlooked the Hw40. It's maybe a bit modern looking for me but if it serves a purpose. Who am I kidding..? I love the look of the 75...it would make a lovely casemate for my 45
    😉 How about the noise, do you recall the 75 being fairly quiet?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbs View Post
    Thanks Tony. I'd completely overlooked the Hw40. It's maybe a bit modern looking for me but if it serves a purpose. Who am I kidding..? I love the look of the 75...it would make a lovely casemate for my 45
    😉 How about the noise, do you recall the 75 being fairly quiet?
    Hi. I have the Weirauchs 45, 75, 40, 70. They're all cool in their own ways. The 75 is not too loud, prob. quieter than the 45. Its mechanics are totally different being an SSP where the 45 and 70 are spring piston. The 70 is an unappreciated pistol I feel, has a fabulous trigger like the 40. A good 40 is a third of the price of the 75. Whereas the 70 is about half. 45, 70 have recoil.....40 and 75 have none. Well......a tiny bit. The only pistol with NO recoil is the Diana Mod 6 and 10. I recommend them all.

Thanks mate. I hadn't even considered a 70.🤔 I'm obviously not the only one who is a bit weirauch biased. I'm probably as well joining a local club and seeing these guns in the flesh, in action.
    To through in a bit of a tangent, I've been offered a nearly new Alecto... Really dont like the look but supposedly a brilliant pistol to use.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbs View Post
    To through in a bit of a tangent, I've been offered a nearly new Alecto... Really dont like the look but supposedly a brilliant pistol to use.
    They are very very good. Some are threaded for a moderator as well, which makes them unbelievably quiet.
    Good deals with these members

That's good news. I believe this one is externally threaded. It's also has a red dot. 😊

So. Had a play with the Alecto tonight, what a hoot. Looks aside I'm well impressed. Its not built like a Hw75 but it's a hell of a good gun. I've treated it to a weirauch silencer and it's got a scope not red dot... So far I'm shooting better with the open sights than with the scope. Anyway, thanks for all the helpful input,its appreciated. Happy/safe shooting. 👍🏽

In good order you will not beat the Airmatch 600 with any Weihrauch. The only problem is they are more difficult to repair in the valve area if you get a problem.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Eyup Baz. I believe you on that. The airmatch was certainly a special thing, its gone now... I'm just down to the Black Star and Alecto.

nice hw44 for sale here

Although I agree with the comments regarding the HW75's build quality, I don't consider it to be a true target air pistol.
    I'm not even sure it can muster the necessary fps to punch clean holes in a target at 10m.
    The Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?
    Harry Callahan: When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher’s knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn’t out collecting for the Red Cross.

Quote Originally Posted by subzeer0 View Post
    nice hw44 for sale here
    Think that would be too expensive for me. 😕

Quote Originally Posted by subzeer0 View Post
    nice hw44 for sale here
    It does look blooming nice though. 😍

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector 71 View Post
    Although I agree with the comments regarding the HW75's build quality, I don't consider it to be a true target air pistol.
    I'm not even sure it can muster the necessary fps to punch clean holes in a target at 10m.
    It has a bit of an identity crisis, like the HW44.
    Good deals with these members