Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: blackpool air rifles

Unhappy blackpool air rifles

just orderd some brass bits for my aas410 on thursday at 10am and payed next day del and nothink has turned up has any oneels had this prob

Have you rung BAR to ask them before posting on here ?

You don't say what time on Thursday, if it was too late for that day despatch it would not go until Friday, which would make the next day Monday as weekends don't count. Unless you paid for Saturday delivery, which is usually even more.
    MikeB

RWS C225 (Black) , Gamo Red Dot
    Walther CP88 (Wood/Nickel) , Gamo Red Dot
    Crosman 1377 3-9*50 JSR
    AA 410 TDR 6-24*56 Nikko
    BSA Meteor .22 I've had for 43 years!

Quote Originally Posted by ja69one
    just orderd some brass bits for my aas410 on thursday at 10am and payed next day del and nothink has turned up has any oneels had this prob
    Did you mean spelling problem?

Its my observation that Lloyd might prefer you to call him and report it before 'going public'.

Give him a call.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

just an extract from bar site.....

BAR Order Processing Policy

Next Working Day Delivery
    Online orders requesting Next Working Day Delivery must be placed before 3pm on Monday, Tuesday & Thursday to be guaranteed next working day, and before 11am on Wednesday to be guaranteed next working day.
    Orders placed on Friday for next working day delivery, will be delivered on Monday.
    Orders placed on Saturday for next working day delivery will be delivered on Tuesday, as the order will be collected by the courier on Monday for next day delivery.

Orders placed on Sunday for next working day delivery will be delivered on Tuesday, as the order will be processed and despatched when we are open on Monday for next day delivery....

the original poster states he ordered before or around 10 am thursday so by bar own standards should be with him by friday.unless item out of stock and i think bar would of said so.

originaly posted by Troubledshooter

is the poster not allowed to air his views on a public forum in fear of upsetting anyone??

originaly posted by snock
    Its my observation that Lloyd might prefer you to call him and report it before 'going public'.

Give him a call.......see above same answer

not having a go at anyone all the guy was asking if this has happened before he may of asked before he rung Lloyd at bar and made himself look stupid.

if ive paid for goods on next day delivery and before a set time on the day i orderd the goods id expect them to turn up aswell.due to the fact id have taken day off work or wife had to stay in id be a bit peed off too.

atb ian

p.s bit like being back at school *puts hand up please miss can i goto the loo*
    Last edited by IanC.; 08-10-2005 at 05:12 PM.
    theres another one for the pot !

theshooter Guest
    Give them a ring on Monday. and get your postage back as least

Quote Originally Posted by ja69one
    aas410

Does my bum look big with this rifle

Doesnt mean BAR are at fault. The carier may have stuffed up. Parcel Farce regularly dont appear on the day they are expected.

Call BAR and they will confirm.

They have a top end reputation on BBS along with JSR

Quote Originally Posted by IanC.
    just an extract from bar site.....

BAR Order Processing Policy

Next Working Day Delivery
    Online orders requesting Next Working Day Delivery must be placed before 3pm on Monday, Tuesday & Thursday to be guaranteed next working day, and before 11am on Wednesday to be guaranteed next working day.
    Orders placed on Friday for next working day delivery, will be delivered on Monday.
    Orders placed on Saturday for next working day delivery will be delivered on Tuesday, as the order will be collected by the courier on Monday for next day delivery.

Orders placed on Sunday for next working day delivery will be delivered on Tuesday, as the order will be processed and despatched when we are open on Monday for next day delivery....

the original poster states he ordered before or around 10 am thursday so by bar own standards should be with him by friday.unless item out of stock and i think bar would of said so.

originaly posted by Troubledshooter

is the poster not allowed to air his views on a public forum in fear of upsetting anyone??

originaly posted by snock

Give him a call.......see above same answer

not having a go at anyone all the guy was asking if this has happened before he may of asked before he rung Lloyd at bar and made himself look stupid.

if ive paid for goods on next day delivery and before a set time on the day i orderd the goods id expect them to turn up aswell.due to the fact id have taken day off work or wife had to stay in id be a bit peed off too.

atb ian

p.s bit like being back at school *puts hand up please miss can i goto the loo*
    Of course he has a right to air his views Ian. As anyone does.
    But did he call BAR to discuss it? If he did, great....perhaps he should quote what Lloyd said to him during the discussion.
    That may have added another dimension to the original post.
    Just my thoughts.
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

I think anyone would be peed off if goods promised on next day delivery didn't arrive. However, the thing I would do before going anywhere else is to the phone and ask if there's been a problem. We can all analyse the situation, but none of us knows the facts. Only BAR do, and they haven't been given the chance to explain. And they shouldn't be expected to do it here. It's not really anyones business but the customers and the supplier. Once they have resolved the issue, then maybe we could be told, if anyone feels like doing it. Personally, I'm a bit tired of public trials by fire. Give BAR a chance to do what they do well.........customer service. ASK!
    Old age is mandatory, growing up is optional.

I once ordered a silencer from a chap who makes his own. No...it wasn't from BAR.
    I paid my £ and then had a 3 week wait before i even heard a word.
    During this time i rung and rung and rung, getting more and more ****ed off that i hadn't even been told there was/wasn't a delay.

I felt justified to put up a post asking if he had gone to mars or something.

I then, after getting a response to my post, found out that he had been ill with a long standing illness.

I was then put at ease that there was a legit delay.
    It eventually turned up. But calling his workshop was the the first avenue of investigation.

Tinashi Guest
    Phone lloyd , he wont mess u about.
    Nuff said.
    Tin

i dont think ja69one was trying to get BAR a bad reputation.(i may have read his first post wrong).if he was it was very lame.
    my post was meerly answering GHMikeB question on time it was ordered.i.e did he order too late at around 10am thursday.
    my views about have you rung him or ring him first type answers..i.e public forum should be able too say what u feel(worlds gone to pc in my eyes)
    bit where id be peed off if i stay'd in the day of said arrivle of goods that never turned up is true id be peed off.
    and my p.s bit bout hand up please miss can i goto the loo was another way of asking permision to speak as such.again worlds too pc.

if u all think i was running Lloyd or BAR down i was not thinking along those lines in my original post or this post.
    BAR have a great reputation on here

atb ian
    theres another one for the pot !

I certainly didn't gain that impression Ian, and I hope you didn't think I was having a go at you.
    Old age is mandatory, growing up is optional.

I don't think you were running BAR down Ian.

Its just in the past folk have been quick to report these things, rather than call and find out the whole picture.

Cheers.