Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: blackpool air rifles

Quote Originally Posted by Pod
    Sniper22 mate, sorry I've now used it. Beautiful it were... I fondled it lovingly as I squeezed its slightly oversize head into the bore, brought the rifle to my shoulder and let fly. It arced gracefully at a fair old rate down the garden and butted its head against a pile of dirty mags. You WOULD have enjoyed it. Sorry again.
    Good for you Pod, I'm sure thats how he would have wanted it.
    "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son" Dean Wormer.

sniper22 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kes
    Good for you Pod, I'm sure thats how he would have wanted it.
    noooooooooooooooooooooooo! it was priceless that one. knickers to this thread - i off to the wanted section. nothing will ever replace the one i lost forever but a replacement would help a little bit to heal the pain i feel at losing the chosen one. i had high hopes for that pellet, a 55yd stander in a force 9 to be exact and now pod, you murderer, its come to nought.
    i hope your barrel clogs with the lead of a thousand bulldog pellets and hope the skirts of a thousand prometheus get stuck in the rifling of your gun.

[QUOTE=IanC.]
    originaly posted by Troubledshooter
    Have you rung BAR to ask them before posting on here ?

is the poster not allowed to air his views on a public forum in fear of upsetting anyone??
    [QUOTE]

It's not a question of not being allowed to air his views, but it is common courtesy to allow the vendor to try and rectify, or explain the reason for, a percieved problem before bringing it up on the BBS.

Quote Originally Posted by tango
    not only have you failed me three times this week, but youve now completely f***ed up my weekend.
    Well, at least you now have the oportunity to get out and gat a life whilst waiting..... a bit strong mate. Take a chil pill

Quote Originally Posted by sniper22
    i hope your barrel clogs with the lead of a thousand bulldog pellets and hope the skirts of a thousand prometheus get stuck in the rifling of your gun.
    Jeez mate. No need to get nasty. And to think, when I squeezed off that shot, I had a tear in my eye and I shouted 'this one is for you Tony!' I missed as well.

If it means that much to you I will gladly send 5 of me finest 4.53 JSB Exacts as recompense. I know it may never replace your missing loved one, but hopefully it will help deal with the pain. If only you had PM'd me your address as I first asked...

See Lloyd SEE????!!

Quote Originally Posted by lloyd
    As its now saturday evening there is little i can do apart from ask what was said when you rang as to the reason for the late delivery?

If you didnt ring ( ALWAYS the best thing to do) here are a small list of possible explanations:

We were out of stock ( we will have tried to contact you , by phone or e-mail)
    Your credit card details were incorrect, ( we will have tried to contact you , by phone or e-mail)
    Your address details didnt match your credit card details ( same as above)
    Your credit card didnt authorise ( as above)
    We didnt receive your order ( fault with website or placed incorrectly)
    The couriers had a problem with delivery ( you were out?)
    Parcel misrouted
    Parcel lost by courier ( rare but has happened)

Until monday , or unless you rang the shop today or yesterday to check progress im sorry to say i cant help any further

And just for the record one more time, no problem people mentioning anything about us on the BBS, but surely it makes sense to speak to us , not ask everyone else what happened to their order, only we are going to know the actual problem.
    How about ringing and speaking to us, and if you are not happy then post on the BBS.

regards

Lloyd ( owner of BAR)

Edited for addition of smilie
    never had a problem with bar,,,top shop,,,,,trouble is lloyd its all too easy to blame the shop when they are countless reasons what could have gone wrong,,,,,like you say its best to ring first

it does not matter

i tride to ringthem all day friday but did not get hold of any one so i thought i would ask on hear i was not saying they are **** or any think

Most of us did'nt think you were having a pop at BAR.
    But the thing is, over the last few years folk have often been to quick to bring an apparent failling of a well known shop/shops to the public domain.

In this case you say you had rung them etc....thats fine.
    Like Lloyd says.

''And just for the record one more time, no problem people mentioning anything about us on the BBS, but surely it makes sense to speak to us , not ask everyone else what happened to their order, only we are going to know the actual problem.
    How about ringing and speaking to us, and if you are not happy then post on the BBS''

Maybe it would have been best to wait until you had spoken to BAR before bringing this into the public domain?
    You did'nt do wrong. Just that most would have got a response from BAR first.

Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Northernspark Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ja69one
    just orderd some brass bits for my aas410 on thursday at 10am and payed next day del and nothink has turned up has any oneels had this prob
    What a dope, Stainless Steel looks sooooooo much better

On the subject of ordering from BAR, I did so last December, I was told the engineer who makes the S/S bits was rather busy so I would get them as soon as they were made, I kept in contact and as soon as they were ready they were dispatched, if you don't keep in contact with them, then how are they supposed to know there is a problem?

Steve

I recently ordered a single shot adaptor for my HW100T from BAR. It arrived the following day EXCEEDINGLY well wrapped and the packet also contained half a bucket full of those small white poly beads!
    Revenge is a sweet best served cold.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

I ordered a couple of Super Ten mags from them last Thursday at 12.45pm - they arrived at 9.45am on Friday, I only paid for standard delivery. GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER LLOYD

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Popped into their shop twice last week, while I was working in Blackpool.
    Both times they were very busy wrapping parcels and getting them ready for despatch.
    They had everything I needed in stock and provided some comedy to go with it.

Most of my problems with mailorder come from the courier companies, if you get the duff delivery driver your parcel could be anywhere!

Keep up the good work BAR, probably won't see you next year as the Circus Clowns are going elsewhere.

Cheers
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

Update on Ja69ones order :

Goods ordered on the 4th ( not the 6th as quoted by thread starter)
    Courier attempted delivery next day , the 5th at 11.30am . Nobody in so card left .

Ja69one:

Please ring your local courier depot on 01904 607106 and speak to Roy, he will arrange a redelivery at your convenience. Alternatively ring us and we will be happy to arrange redelivery for you.

Second problem as mentioned by Tango is now all sorted to both of our satisfaction. Nige has rung me and we have had a chat, the original order was returned as it wasnt suitable, the replacement order was refused after Nige said he didnt need it , the replacement for that order missed last collection by about 5 minutes so it ended up very complicated .
    I appreciate Nige ringing with a good attitude , thanks Nige

We have had a meeting at the shop and changed procedure slightly to stop this situation happening again.

Snooper

You should change your name to Batman, Gadgetman or Cyborg, never have i seen anyone spend so long turning on all their electrical stuff before driving off.
    Nice to meet you in the shop. I know who to ask about radar detectors in future

Resistance is futile
    Last edited by lloyd; 10-10-2005 at 10:04 AM.

Gary C Guest
    How very tedious.

Tosser whines about BAR
    Lloyd refuses to be goaded
    Lloyd comes back with the facts
    BAR cleared, Tosser looks silly.

It's like watching a re-run of an old movie. Good guys always win in the end though

Gary

I dont have a problem with people complaining at all. In fact it keeps us on our toes, all i ask is customers dont presume guilty to proven innocent.
    And we do make mistakes sometimes so im sure if enough people complain sooner or later im going to eat humble pie