Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting selling point

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe

Interesting selling point

I have just spotted a Tell 2 come up for sale on Gunstar with an interesting take on explaining its performance:

" I'm reluctantly selling my rare 1927-1935 Venus Waffenfabrik of Mehlis Germany 'Tell II' .177 Air Pistol. I was advised and had the power professionally reduced by my gunsmith to save unnecessary wear on this lovely little pistol. "

And what does this little power house look like, valued at £220?

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    I have just spotted a Tell 2 come up for sale on Gunstar with an interesting take on explaining its performance:

" I'm reluctantly selling my rare 1927-1935 Venus Waffenfabrik of Mehlis Germany 'Tell II' .177 Air Pistol. I was advised and had the power professionally reduced by my gunsmith to save unnecessary wear on this lovely little pistol. "

And what does this little power house look like, valued at £220?

That is the one that I advised on what to look for with it not cocking, on the OTHER FORUM. I don't mind helping with a bit of advice but dont like it when it is used to do a cock up repair to punt a gun on. I saw the grips on that one. I thought at the price he has it up for on the OTHER FORUM (The same price), that it was about 4 x overpriced
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

micky2 is online now The collector formerly known as micky
    I sold one in better condition than that for £60 with original grips last year.

It is a testament to the quality of these pistols is that so many have been through very long and hard lives and they still work.

That ad is laughable. I have worked on quite few of these and am happy if I manage to get 260 fps with Geco pellets. That one is very rough, around the £60 mark. I could make it look like new with a bit of elbow grease. I bought a nice nickel plated one in holster at Kempton for £100.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

That quote smacks of the style used by a regular joker on the gun selling sights. Spouts utter twaddle then asks for a ridiculous price!
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Oh look, he has changed the description on the ad. Now it reads " It is in full working condition but does lack power!"

£220 seems way off the mark to me.

Just got in contact with the bloke. It does not even shoot!

He wrote "The reason I put 'lacks power' is because it doesn't fire the pellet. You're right with the grips, that's how I got it. I just liked it for what it is and its age..."

Asking quite a bit for a parts gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Huttles94 View Post
    Just got in contact with the bloke. It does not even shoot!

Asking quite a bit for a parts gun.
    I've been after some bits to get one working http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....86-Tell-2-bits
    but I dont think I'd go to £220 There was a broken one/ bits missing (barrel, mainspring, grips etc) on free ads I think and I thought that was OTT at £40
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    If anyone wants their pistol "professionally reduced in power" in the same way, I will be happy to do this for a modest fee.

Shall I put this plated one of mine on Gunstar at the same price as his ? Would be happy with £220 and show his up. Or even put one of my black ones on at £200.

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 06-05-2019 at 05:21 PM.
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

I had an interesting conversation with the bloke over gunstar.

He has taken it down now. After I suggested he get it fixed and source, if possible, some original grips.

But come on man, you cant list it as "I was advised and had the power professionally reduced by my gunsmith to save unnecessary wear on this lovely little pistol" and then change it to "It is in full working condition but low on power" when the gun does not even shoot the pellet out of the barrel. That is not working condition.

If I were to be gullible enough to buy it for his asking price with his ad description, you can bet I would be phoning him up, being rather annoyed, after I found out it does not shoot.

Guess he was just trying his luck.

Somewhere I have a Tell 2 that fails to cock or fire. I assumed it was faulty or had busted innards. Now I'm thinking it may have been professionally deactivated as a precious historical relic to save on wear and tear...
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Love the Ni Tell. That would and should command a premium. Lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Somewhere I have a Tell 2 that fails to cock or fire. I assumed it was faulty or had busted innards. Now I'm thinking it may have been professionally deactivated as a precious historical relic to save on wear and tear...
    I think you sent that one (well one and a 3 /4) to me Danny! I got one working but the other is awaiting bits to finish it-----------so I guess that one is being saved from wear and tear?