Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Morton's Booklet

Morton's Booklet

As above, 6th. edition reproduction on Eb@y sold for £130 including £2.50 postage. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are some people mad or stupid.
    In the pictures below, the pattern on the repro is unmistakable.
    Last edited by Troubledshooter; 08-05-2019 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Final selling price listed.

m/ booklet.

Now up to £112 Plus postage at 7.45 p.m. Crackers to say the least. Ihad mine given me .

I see the seller is stating second hand and no returns!

I've paid way less for originals in the not too distant past.

John

booklet

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    I see the seller is stating second hand and no returns!

I've paid way less for originals in the not too distant past.

John
    The seller must have a smile on his or hers face as i would John.
    Roly.

Sorry David, lost the plot a bit, do you think that it's a later repro as discussed a few times in the recent and distant past ? If so, let me know and I'll contact the seller and EB and point that out to them. Unfortunately, I don't have a repro copy left to compare the above with and can't investigate further myself otherwise I would so so.

Thanks, Vic Thompson.
    Last edited by Vic Thompson; 05-05-2019 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Thompson View Post
    Sorry David, lost the plot a bit, do you think that it's a later repro as discussed a few times in the recent and distant past ? If so, let me know and I'll contact the seller and EB and point that out to them. Unfortunately, I don't have a repro copy left to compare the above with and can't investigate further myself otherwise I would so so.

Thanks, Vic Thompson.
    As discussed on the phone, Vic, I look forward to the relevant correspondence.

Mortons.

Went for £127. PLUS£2.50 postage.It would not take more than a first class stamp to post.I have noticed in the past when buying multiple items off a seller the cost of postage was say £4 ,but still got charged say £12 for the individual items as if they were posted in separate lots.
    A bit mean on the seller as far as i am concerned.
    Roly.

Knowing who the seller is, the postage cost doesn't surprise me in the slightest, but I would much rather it was quoted rather than the so called 'Free' postage, which doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    Knowing who the seller is, the postage cost doesn't surprise me in the slightest, but I would much rather it was quoted rather than the so called 'Free' postage, which doesn't exist.

I hope the seller does the decent thing and comes clean. If sold in error, offers full refund. I would like to know who it is.

I have a bunch (mostly repo but some that look original) of these from the Myron Kasok auction, so many that I figured that there wasn't much value. Who knew? ld grin:

I contacted the seller and this was his response when asked as to whether or not it was original item or a later copy : "It is a reproduction of the original I believe".

For future reference TBMK all of the late 80's/early 90's copies have the same cover (as per the one in David's posting), the whole run of the originals are uniquely different in every case (according to a printer who explained to me the process for printing the covers with that type of "swirling pattern" on them). So as far as I am aware, if anyone has a copy of the Morton booklet with a cover that looks identical to David's one, it's very likely to be a repro.

Vic Thompson.

ps : I don't know who the seller is by the way although I have my suspicions.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Thompson View Post
    I contacted the seller and this was his response when asked as to whether or not it was original item or a later copy : "It is a reproduction of the original I believe".

For future reference TBMK all of the late 80's/early 90's copies have the same cover (as per the one in David's posting), the whole run of the originals are uniquely different in every case (according to a printer who explained to me the process for printing the covers with that type of "swirling pattern" on them). So as far as I am aware, if anyone has a copy of the Morton booklet with a cover that looks identical to David's one, it's very likely to be a repro.

Vic Thompson.

ps : I don't know who the seller is by the way although I have my suspicions.
    Maybe just their Bay name would be useful to others?

The sellers Eb@y name is 'Nibsyboy0'.

Quote Originally Posted by DT Fletcher View Post
    I have a bunch (mostly repo but some that look original) of these from the Myron Kasok auction, so many that I figured that there wasn't much value. Who knew? ld grin:
    As far as is known, the only mass produced repro of Mortons booklet in the UK is the sixth edition, however, in the states there are companies producing all sorts of Webley repro leaflets and booklets.
    If the subject of this thread had been an original, the price it realised might have been a bit more realistic, although still possibly on the high side.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    The sellers Eb@y name is 'Nibsyboy0'.
    Why am I not surprised