Thread: Bench rest air rifle power - 8 or 16 Joule

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    This is going over similar ground to posts a week or so back, look up:-

"FWB 800 Junior" started by Davyboy30 on the 17 - 4 - 19, it should answer most of your queries.

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    Most top end pcp 10m rifles are capable of achieving high scores ,but when it comes to trying to shoot 250 x 250 with high X counts which a lot of comps are now decided on ,then I don't see the point of putting yourself at a disadvantage by using a lower powered rifle . Really it depends on how competitive you want to be.

If you look at the Winter league Div 1 UKBR22 25yd (AIR)results in both Light and Heavy Varmint you have to be scoring 249/250 and towards 15x on each card of which there are 5 to be in with any chance of a gong .
    These scores are for indoor cards , the out door scores are usually a bit lower ,but not by a lot and some comps have been very close, the level of shooting in BR now is extremely high .
    Last edited by gordon; 10-05-2019 at 06:44 PM.
    ATB, Gordon.
    Professional Ferret Juggler