Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bench rest air rifle power - 8 or 16 Joule

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    Quote Originally Posted by schony View Post
    Lock time counts with firearms like 22lr That is where air rifles are at a disadvantage

In practice today I've shot 250 x 250 and 18x that's a PB for me ,that's with an Anschutz 54 Match in a BR stock . I'll guarantee when I put the comp sticker on my next cards I won't be near that !! BUT it won't be for lack of trying
    ATB, Gordon.
    Professional Ferret Juggler

I intended to try my reduced power 99 at 50m today, but the fullbore rifle boys were shooting alongside me, so couldn't concentrate !

I was shooting 25m springer Benchrest with both a FWB300 and Original 75, both 10m power levels, no issue.
    A 10m match PCP at 25m indoors would be no issue too im sure. Just need to pick your pellets with care. Dont expect just any old pellet to work.
    Thanks - Geoff.

Thanks for all the comments and info.

I'm going to bench rest my LGM-2 at 25 yards indoors and shoot some groups with different pellets.

My 'gut feel' is that 20 yards indoors is doable with a 8J 10m rifle, anything over that distance needs 16J if shooting the NSRA targets.

Appreciate comments about lock time, benchrested I can feel the vibration of the hammer on the valve on the LGM-2 and the slight delay. Interestingly I don't feel this shooting 10m standing.

Not quite a parallel, but I shoot LSR 20 yards standing indoors with a modified S410 running at about 11 or 12 joules and it doesn't seem to put me at much of a disadvantage compared to others with full power air and 22LR. Picked up the runner up Devon veteran trophy for last winter with it.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee