Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Postage

Quote Originally Posted by Strimmer View Post
    My point is every body seems to be quoting some such, but with no actual links to where this info is from on a official royal mail site. Now found it
    Sticky this instead of quoting
    https://personal.help.royalmail.com/...Posting%20guns
    The link that you have posted has been posted on numerous threads that come up when asking about posting.

As some one said above ,if people used the search box they would find the information or if they read the stickies but as you can see,it seems no one does either of them .

And even if some posts up the relevent information ,people come on and give the wrong information . The most common one is extra insurance.

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikonf View Post
    Is it legal to post low powered airpistols through RMSD, ie Webley Premier.
    Yes, I've just posted a Aeron B96 via RMSD without problems, no co2 included mind, and as it was within RMSD limits it's arrived at it's new owners address on time...…….no hassle, no drama!

Cheers.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

only use parcelforce 48,not 24h or RMSD
    parcelforce 24 AND RMSD can be flown,the xray at the airport flags it as a ''weapon'' and its held
    its sent to Ireland for inspection,scratched/damaged.
    yea its not a firearm and it MAY be returned,but why take the chance
    PF48 ONLY
    EDIT
    Ive used PF48 a good 1500 times in the last 9 years with no issues.

Really useful thread

Saved me searching as i came across this thread.
    Cheers
    Nige
    BSA Superten BBK (Blueprinted), BSA Ultra SS Regged, Tanfoglio Witness, Umarex 1911
    and many, many bows and slingshots

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Quote Originally Posted by the logun-ator View Post
    only use parcelforce 48,not 24h or RMSD
    parcelforce 24 AND RMSD can be flown,the xray at the airport flags it as a ''weapon'' and its held
    its sent to Ireland for inspection,scratched/damaged.
    yea its not a firearm and it MAY be returned,but why take the chance
    PF48 ONLY
    EDIT
    Ive used PF48 a good 1500 times in the last 9 years with no issues.
    DUDE, can you read?

THIS IS FROM THE ROYAL MAIL WEBSITE!

here we go...……..under guns for sporting use!

• International - Allowed in the mail, see restrictions and packaging guidelines below:

• Guns intended for sporting purposes - including Section 1 and Section 2 firearms, low-powered air guns and their component parts - may be sent in compliance with UK law and subject to applicable export controls on the shipment of firearms.
      • Items that appear to be prohibited weapons may be subject to additional checks and delays.
      • Guns must not be loaded.
      • Air weapons with an integral gas cylinder that are de-pressurised can only be accepted. Air weapons with gas cylinders that are pressurised are prohibited
      • Air weapons with a pressurised removable gas cylinder which is still attached are prohibited
      • Sender's name and address must be visible on the parcel.
      • Must be packed in rigid outer packaging suitable for the gun size and weight, for example a fibreboard box, with sufficient inner packaging to prevent movement during transport.

• UK - Allowed in the mail, see restrictions and packaging guidelines below:

• Guns intended for sporting purposes - including Section 1 (e.g. hunting rifles) and Section 2 (e.g. shotguns) firearms, low-powered air weapons and their component parts - may be sent in compliance with UK law and subject to domestic controls on the possession of firearms. Antiques, deactivated and imitation firearms are also permitted. When sending deactivated firearms include proof of deactivation.
      • Items that appear to be prohibited weapons may be subject to additional checks and delays.
      • Use 1st Class as the minimum service.The senders name and address must be clear on the packaging. Low-powered air weapons which exceed the Royal Mail size restrictions are accepted by Parcelforce Worldwide, using express48 via the Post Office.
      • Guns must not be loaded.
      • Air weapons with an integral gas cylinder that are de-pressurised can only be accepted. Air weapons with gas cylinders that are pressurised are prohibited
      • Air weapons with a pressurised removable gas cylinder which is still attached are prohibited
      • Must be packed in rigid outer packaging suitable for the gun size and weight, for example a fibreboard box, with sufficient inner packaging to prevent movement during transport.

Jesus wept!

Cheers.

Roy
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Strimmer View Post
    So I can send a sub 6ftlb air pistol (springer) without using parcelforce 48? Where can I find a letter stating of royal mail stating this as I can only find the one that says using pf48
    AFAIK, it's only via ParcelForce 48 and cover is only up to £100. You could use RFD>RFD but it ain't cheap