Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Postage

nikonf Guest

Postage

Is it legal to post low powered airpistols through RMSD, ie Webley Premier.

Quote Originally Posted by nikonf View Post
    Is it legal to post low powered airpistols through RMSD, ie Webley Premier.
    it can go royal mail if it meets the size criteria

Guns for sporting use

International - Allowed in the mail, see restrictions and packaging guidelines below:
    Guns intended for sporting purposes - including Section 1 and Section 2 firearms, low-powered air guns and their component parts - may be sent in compliance with UK law and subject to applicable export controls on the shipment of firearms.
    Items that appear to be prohibited weapons may be subject to additional checks and delays.
    Guns must not be loaded.
    Air weapons with an integral gas cylinder that are de-pressurised can only be accepted. Air weapons with gas cylinders that are pressurised are prohibited
    Air weapons with a pressurised removable gas cylinder which is still attached are prohibited
    Sender's name and address must be visible on the parcel.
    Must be packed in rigid outer packaging suitable for the gun size and weight, for example a fibreboard box, with sufficient inner packaging to prevent movement during transport.

UK - Allowed in the mail, see restrictions and packaging guidelines below:
    Guns intended for sporting purposes - including Section 1 (e.g. hunting rifles) and Section 2 (e.g. shotguns) firearms, low-powered air weapons and their component parts - may be sent in compliance with UK law and subject to domestic controls on the possession of firearms. Antiques, deactivated and imitation firearms are also permitted. When sending deactivated firearms include proof of deactivation.
    Items that appear to be prohibited weapons may be subject to additional checks and delays.
    Use 1st Class as the minimum service.The senders name and address must be clear on the packaging. Low-powered air weapons which exceed the Royal Mail size restrictions are accepted by Parcelforce Worldwide, using express48 via the Post Office.
    Guns must not be loaded.
    Air weapons with an integral gas cylinder that are de-pressurised can only be accepted. Air weapons with gas cylinders that are pressurised are prohibited

Air weapons with a pressurised removable gas cylinder which is still attached are prohibited
    Must be packed in rigid outer packaging suitable for the gun size and weight, for example a fibreboard box, with sufficient inner packaging to prevent movement during transport.

Size guide here https://personal.help.royalmail.com/...detail/a_id/89

Size and weight comparison guide
    Want to tell the difference between small and large letters? Watch our video Opens in new window

Letter - Greetings cards, personal letters, postcards, bills
    Large letter - A4 documents, certificates, magazines, CD or DVD in cased, some large greeting cards
    Small parcel - Shoes, portable speakers, mobile phones
    Medium parcel - Gifts, shoes, heavy or bulky items

You may get it sent as a small parcel .

Don't lie as to what is in the parcel . . Its not a sporting goods item or metal sculpture ,Its a low powered airgun for sporting use which is in their terms as allowed to be sent via them.
    Last edited by bighit; 10-05-2019 at 03:57 PM.

You also get funny looks from the staff; you can see it on their faces - "uh-oh, we have a gun nut here".
    Also at the toy town post offices in newsagents pizza parlours etc, they probably won't have the leaflets with the full information on, so be prepared to be turned away, or be kept waiting while they ring around trying to get some information from further up the food chain...
    Go to a proper post office with your £12.12, anything else is not worth the hassle!
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Better still, print off the RM Prohibited & Restricted leaflet from their website & take it with you.

https://www.royalmail.com/sites/defa...--23410530.pdf
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

So I can send a sub 6ftlb air pistol (springer) without using parcelforce 48? Where can I find a letter stating of royal mail stating this as I can only find the one that says using pf48

Quote Originally Posted by Strimmer View Post
    So I can send a sub 6ftlb air pistol (springer) without using parcelforce 48? Where can I find a letter stating of royal mail stating this as I can only find the one that says using pf48
    Go on to the Royal Mail web site search prohibited & restricted items for "guns for sporting use" & read what it says which is what bighit has quoted above.

The only ParcelForce service is PF48, I think because it is surface mail not by air.

Always mark a gun "Surface mail only, do not fly".

Yes it says pf48 is the only service allowed

when I read RM guidelines a few minutes ago they clearly stated that they could be posted using their services and also stated that PF would accept them also, but by PF48 only.

Vic Thompson

Wrong. Read the posts above. The information is from the Royal mail's own website

UK - Allowed in the mail, see restrictions and packaging guidelines below:
    Guns intended for sporting purposes - including Section 1 (e.g. hunting rifles) and Section 2 (e.g. shotguns) firearms, low-powered air weapons and their component parts - may be sent in compliance with UK law and subject to domestic controls on the possession of firearms. Antiques, deactivated and imitation firearms are also permitted. When sending deactivated firearms include proof of deactivation.
    Use 1st Class as the minimum service.The senders name and address must be clear on the packaging. Low-powered air weapons which exceed the Royal Mail size restrictions are accepted by Parcelforce Worldwide, using express48 via the Post Office.
    Guns must not be loaded.

NO IT DOESN'T. FFS.

It says Parcelforce 48 is the only Parcelforce service allowed.

Royal Mail is Royal Mail - Parcelforce is Parcelforce - they are different divisions with different rules, surely to god it's not that hard to understand.

Royal Mail carry sec1 & 2 items and low power airguns if within their size limits, and using at least 1st class service.

Parcelforce carry low power airguns, by Parcelforce 48 only.

How much more simple does if need to be before people understand

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    NO IT DOESN'T. FFS.

It says Parcelforce 48 is the only Parcelforce service allowed.

Royal Mail is Royal Mail - Parcelforce is Parcelforce - they are different divisions with different rules, surely to god it's not that hard to understand.

Royal Mail carry sec1 & 2 items and low power airguns if within their size limits, and using at least 1st class service.

Parcelforce carry low power airguns, by Parcelforce 48 only.

How much more simple does if need to be before people understand
    You're banging your head against a brick wall; some people only see what they want to see.
    This topic has been covered in detail so many times on this BBS that I wonder if most users 'SEARCH' facility, the little white oblong box at the top right of the page, with a magnifying glass symbol to the right of it, is not working.

There is also 'sticky' in the Airgun sales section : http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....osting-Airguns and it's been there for quite a while.
    Last edited by Troubledshooter; 28-05-2019 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    You're banging your head against a brick wall; some people only see what they want to see.
    This topic has been covered in detail so many times on this BBS that I wonder if most users 'SEARCH' facility, the little white oblong box at the top right of the page, with a magnifying glass symbol to the right of it, is not working.

There is also 'sticky' in the Airgun sales section : http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....osting-Airguns and it's been there for quite a while.
    I've just sent a message to the Mods asking for that 12 page thread to be removed and replaced with a single post locked thread explaining the rules with links to RM & PF terms on "guns for sporting use"

I'm baffled that people can't read & understand what is in front of them.

I've just sent a message to the Mods asking for that 12 page thread to be removed and replaced with a single post locked thread explaining the rules with links to RM & PF terms on "guns for sporting use"

That is an excellent idea.

Hardly surprising when we live in a Country where a massive victory for a Political Party is apparently a miserable defeat.
    Very confusing.

My point is every body seems to be quoting some such, but with no actual links to where this info is from on a official royal mail site. Now found it
    Sticky this instead of quoting
    https://personal.help.royalmail.com/...Posting%20guns