Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 9 ft lb hw97k that kicks like mule.

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    You must have a good bit of preload then .
    I did shorten the spring before trying the short stroke but anyway it does seem to shoot a little better but I need to get to the range to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie-L View Post
    I usually shoot off a bench so dont mind the weight,I'm starting to gravitate towards sprinters as a result,pcps are a boring off the bench.so is this range in philly going to be ran by different people? I think it was Ian at Washington wasn't it?
    am not sure mate,but i heard the same ian from washington got summit do with it,but im not 100 percent sure ?.ya got any local permissions ? i shoot up elstob farm next to tunstall hills.

I went back inside and checked on these metal washers and there was 2 of those fat ones in there.ive taken them out and it's hard to say what difference has been made because I cant get to the range.my piston is now 16g lighter lol
    Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    You must have a good bit of preload then .
    I did shorten the spring before trying the short stroke but anyway it does seem to shoot a little better but I need to get to the range to know.
    Guessing it's going to feel somewhat nicer now.

Let us know how you get on once you get to the range, Steve.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Rather than make a new thread I thought I'd just bring this one back to life!
    I decided not to send the rifle away for the time being and looked inside the rifle again.i had not checked before so dont know if they were there before or not but you can see marks from the transfer port on the piston.
    Am I right in thinking that there should definitely NOT be any marks on the seal and this a definite sign of slamming?
    I have ordered a new oz custom piston seal and a new breach seal as well so fingers crossed this remedies things.

Thank you very much for that offer mr tinbum but I have booked the 97 to be fettled by Paul short and it's due to be sent off this Friday.i was very pleased with the job your service kit did for my rifle and kn no terms am I saying the rifledoes not shoot very well is because of the kit.the problem must lie elsewhere.thanks again.
    Did you get your rifle back from Paul short yet? if so how's it shoot and what mods did he do?
    BSA SUPERSPORT .22
    Ripley ar5s .177
    Steyr challenge hft 177 SYWELL FT CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by john79 View Post
    Did you get your rifle back from Paul short yet? if so how's it shoot and what mods did he do?
    You've got your blinkers focused on other issues it seems as you missed the fact that I said I decided not to send it away.i would also never have work done by someone and immediately start tampering with it lol

You've got your blinkers focused on other issues it seems as you missed the fact that I said I decided not to send it away.i would also never have work done by someone and immediately start tampering with it lol
    Ah missed your last post as I was writing a reply to your earlier post! Witness mark's from the trans port are not good if present on the piston seal, what does it show on a chrono? is it consistant?
    BSA SUPERSPORT .22
    Ripley ar5s .177
    Steyr challenge hft 177 SYWELL FT CLUB

I'm just about to fit an oz piston seal after changing the breach seal which made no difference.
    Fingers crossed because if this doesn't fix it I'm all out of ideas!!

Sorry for the double post,I've just changed the seal and it's no different and I've also noticed(and I didny notice this with the hw seal)that my computer tube isn't pushing right up against right up against the barrel assembly(for want of a better description!).this must be causing a bad seal but does anyone have any idea what's causing this to happen???

I bought 2 weirauchs at the same time from two different shops and they were both utter crap.i did not know how bad the 97 was until just a few weeks ago,I just thought I was a crap shot and the fella in the shop let me think that as well even though he shot it and must have known it was a banger.my hw100 was absolute garbage from the start as well and had to be sent back 4 different times and probably should have gave that back but it is spot on now.i would never ever buy another hw because of my experiences.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Sorry for the double post,I've just changed the seal and it's no different and I've also noticed(and I didny notice this with the hw seal)that my computer tube isn't pushing right up against right up against the barrel assembly(for want of a better description!).this must be causing a bad seal but does anyone have any idea what's causing this to happen???

I bought 2 weirauchs at the same time from two different shops and they were both utter crap.i did not know how bad the 97 was until just a few weeks ago,I just thought I was a crap shot and the fella in the shop let me think that as well even though he shot it and must have known it was a banger.my hw100 was absolute garbage from the start as well and had to be sent back 4 different times and probably should have gave that back but it is spot on now.i would never ever buy another hw because of my experiences.
    Check for debris (usually crushed pellets flattened on the end wall) where the comp tube meets the breech.

Email me pics of the gap and too if you like, it sounds a little odd
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Check for debris (usually crushed pellets flattened on the end wall) where the comp tube meets the breech.

Email me pics of the gap and too if you like, it sounds a little odd
    The comp tube moves back and forth about 1-2mm but you cant see the gap so I'll record it and send it to you so you can see how much it moves.i put some talcum powder over the comp tube and fired it and talc blew all over but not sure if that was vibration from the twang lol.thanks for replying!

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    The comp tube moves back and forth about 1-2mm but you cant see the gap so I'll record it and send it to you so you can see how much it moves.i put some talcum powder over the comp tube and fired it and talc blew all over but not sure if that was vibration from the twang lol.thanks for replying!
    Please do. As before, if you get nowhere send it to me and I'll check it over and fix it. You'll only pay postage!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Please do. As before, if you get nowhere send it to me and I'll check it over and fix it. You'll only pay postage!
    Sounds like the wrong breech seal fitted , or the cocking link/ pivot, is Sha--ed.

Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    Sounds like the wrong breech seal fitted , or the cocking link/ pivot, is Sha--ed.
    The breach seal was original but I've changed it and it was exactly the same but now you mention the cocking link pivot it makes a clicking sound when you cock it and I thought it was down to the latch rod jot being central but I soon realised it was that making the click and if you watch it you can see it jump a bit and at the same time it clicks.its a cheap part and had no idea it could be so detrimental to its operation or would have replaced it.
    Last edited by Stevie-L; 08-06-2019 at 02:35 PM.

Thanks for the offer once again and I may take you up on it but i will pay my way as I cant accept anything for free if I cant somehow return the favour.thank you.