Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 9 ft lb hw97k that kicks like mule.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie-L View Post
    Sorry for double posting again but just thought I'd post a couple of chrono strings so people can tell me where things are at.
    First off though,I know its not written in stone but a springer would usually be more efficient with a lighter pellet,is that right?at the moment mine is more efficient with the heavier pellet but not by much..it is putting out 11.60(784 avg) with 8.44 grain rws super fields and 11.35 with jsb express 7.9 grain(806 avg).you will notice as well that its shoots much more consistently with the rws pellet,I dont know if that means anything in particular but that's what I'm finding.
    I'm not sure if its fully bedded in yet so wont go hacking away at the spring just yet,before I do though I will ask again,what's the lowest I should take the power down to?

Rws super field jsb express 4.52
    782 810
    785 793
    783 797
    784 815
    783 814
    778 810
    787 808
    785 796
    788 813
    784 805
    I prefer them to be a tad higher with the lighter pellet than the heavy , take a little weight out of the piston.

Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    I prefer them to be a tad higher with the lighter pellet than the heavy , take a little weight out of the piston.
    What is the best way nick?ive not taken a task on like that before.
    Also,should I reduce the power first and see what's what?

Axis pin fixed it gents thanks very much.ive tried to post this 6 different times now so cant be bothered to go into detail of how happy I am and the results I'm getting.hopefully my post works this time!

I can see why people bang on about them now.might not be a sweet shooter but it is accurate.