Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Northern Shooting show.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Wow, hardly 5% off most of them, that's a piss poor sale .
    You didn’t fancy the Webley Service then?

I’m saving up. Not. What a chancer charging that. It’s not very attractive with the (£3k worth) of engraving either
    NON SUFFICIT ORBIS

From Sussex

My wife & I went up from Sussex to the show. We thought it was a really good show. There was plenty to see on the trade stands and some good displays (such as the dog trials).
    Our only disappointment was the lack of formal target shooting represented. No .22 rifle, no 10m air.
    Not enough "rummage" stands. All very posh and somewhat antiseptic but very professional.
    It was very refreshing to see the local police services turn out to deal with FAC variations etc.
    I was pleased to see the NSRA, 50 cal, BSSc & HBSA there, where were the NRA?
    If you want dull go to the revised Bisley shows at the Trafalgar, Phoenix etc then you'll understand our enthusiasm for the Northern Show.
    We'd go again.
    I got a couple of bargains and had a good day out.
    FYI the pork and pork with black pudding pies were delicious, we can't get anything like them in Sussex.

I'm not sure how people manage to spend the full weekend there but there's plenty to fill a day out. If you shoot the hft then it's a struggle to get around everything on the same day though.
    I missed the blades and axe section that was meant to be there this year. Any ideas anyone of where that was?

Quote Originally Posted by pumpygun View Post
    I missed the blades and axe section that was meant to be there this year. Any ideas anyone of where that was?
    In the 'anaxe'.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

It was in the smaller hall at the top. The knife makers were along the back wall next to the Police Firearms Licensing people. A good spread of knives, Allan Wood, Guy Stainthorp, among others.
    NON SUFFICIT ORBIS

Quote Originally Posted by majex45 View Post
    If you want dull go to the revised Bisley shows at the Trafalgar, Phoenix etc then you'll understand our enthusiasm for the Northern Show.
    We'd go again.
    We like to think this is the difference between the North and South generally!! ;-D
    NON SUFFICIT ORBIS