Just came in today, a nice little 9mm pinfire revolver.

https://imgur.com/gallery/kepQAan

Looks to be in ok condition. No rust and cylinder and bore are clean. It is single and double action though there must be something wrong with it since it does not always work. Double action only works once you have opened and shut the loading gate (maybe it is designed to work with cartridges in the cylinder? I dont know) and then you can pull the trigger and the cylinder will rotate but the hammer wont move (maybe something is broken?). And also single action works on and off. By that I mean I can cock the hammer and the cylinder will move and then do the same again and the cylinder will not move. I have found that if i rotate the cylinder slightly to the right, when the hammer is cocked, it will work correctly but if I dont, well it does not always work.

Could just be something broken inside the trigger, I do not know. Any ideas?

Also there are minimal markings on the gun. I can see the ELG proof marks as well as a L under a star (indicating the gun was made after 1877) and then what looks to be a DC(?) marking on the right side of the frame, underneath the ejector. No idea what this means, makers mark perhaps? No serial number or anything, though it is worn.

I like it but the seller did say it was working as it should, well turns out thats not 100% correct.

I will take it apart later and see whats what, though looks like someone in the past has tried this and damaged some of the screw heads

If anyone has any ideas to whats wrong with the gun or what the odd DC marking means, please tell me. Would be much appreciated.

Cheers