Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Divers bottle/air rife filling

Quote Originally Posted by grumpygit View Post
    Name and shame so no one else gets caught out, think i would have asked where this information comes from.
    http://www.blueoceandiving.co.uk/
    In Maidstone.

I challenged it, and he gave some crap about special filling requirements though didn't seem to know what he was talking about, and pointed out the register automatically added the charge (when her set the cylinder type filled to 'surface')
    So after a fruitless discussion i told him I knew he was talking bollocks, forget about the multitool i asked about and id get the tank filled elsewhere in future.

Quote Originally Posted by Solvo View Post
    http://www.blueoceandiving.co.uk/
    In Maidstone.

I challenged it, and he gave some crap about special filling requirements though didn't seem to know what he was talking about, and pointed out the register automatically added the charge (when her set the cylinder type filled to 'surface')
    So after a fruitless discussion i told him I knew he was talking bollocks, forget about the multitool i asked about and id get the tank filled elsewhere in future.
    Good for you, sounds like he was talking out of his rear end .

Quote Originally Posted by acmsarh View Post
    The fish stamp is in the outline of a fish with the IDEST testing station number centred in it , When iwas testing cylinders at MDE it was IX (9).
    Had a look at all 3 of mine, one is new, the other two tested. No fish stamp.

They’ve all been filled and at various dive centres around here.

Chicken sacrifice

Quote Originally Posted by Solvo View Post
    A normal air compressor (as used in workshops and construction) will charge to 8 bar with rather dirty air. Not going to do much for a 230 / 300 bar cylinder that needs clean dry air.
    few people outside the sport seem to understand the immense pressure needed by a PCP.

Stick to dive shops, £5 is a good deal, rip-off merchants near me slapped a £20 surcharge on my last fill for some spurious BS reason to do with it being a surface cylinder and requiring extra cooling/special handling / rarefied mountain air /chicken sacrifice to keep the dive god happy.
    Challenging the illustrious chicken sacrifice is a good way to end up getting cursed!
    I started this life with nothing and I still have most of it left!

I’ve had 2 tested this month and there is no fish stamp,both of these done at CTS in Liverpool.
    Don’t confuse luck with ability.