Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: no more BLC-2 help

Blc (2)

I have Ramshot Tac as on of my 223 powders, excellent with Matchking 53gr
    6.5 55 SWEDE.223 HOWA VARMINT NIKON 8X32X50 -.22LR CZ STYLE-16" .17 HMR CZ AMERICAN-16" SIMMONS AETEC-12G BERETTA A.302,AYA NO 4,BAIKAL O&U

Quote Originally Posted by kaboom View Post
    my local gun shop hasn't got a great selection lately picked up n140 worked well but did find it a little dirty compared to the BLC-2

almost used a kg so will have a look if any one local is has any of the other types
    dirty? do you mean sooting? what load are you using? I can't say I have found N140 to be dirty ?
    You Cannot Reason People Out of Something They Were Not Reasoned Into
    "Politicians like to panic, they need activity. It is their substitute for achievement" Sir Humphry Appleby

took a lot longer and more patches to get the barrel clean than when I used the blc

smk 168 gn hpbt with 41.3 gn of n140 with nra brass great in the howa 1500 one hole groups at 100 yards

Quote Originally Posted by kaboom View Post
    took a lot longer and more patches to get the barrel clean than when I used the blc

smk 168 gn hpbt with 41.3 gn of n140 with nra brass great in the howa 1500 one hole groups at 100 yards
    interesting, I hadn't noticed any difficulty getting the patches to clean, but then I haven't used BLC-2 so have nothing to compare it with.
    You Cannot Reason People Out of Something They Were Not Reasoned Into
    "Politicians like to panic, they need activity. It is their substitute for achievement" Sir Humphry Appleby

https://www.vihtavuori.com/powders/v...ppering-agent/

Viht powders in theory should shoot cleaner than blc-2 due to its added deciphering agent
    Thanks for looking