Thread: Steyr L5

Steyr L5

Hi hope im in the right section,im looking to put my Lp 5 up for sale but i need to get a value on it.The lp5 is in the original case with the 2 cylinders ,and in very good condition.can anybody help.

I think you might get more answers in the target/comps section

Depends on the age, condition, Cylinder dates, grip etc, without a pic its difficult to be exact

Around £600 would be a fair price for a tidy one in today's market, They've now been superseded by the LP50 & I guess at some point an EVO version will become available based on the current Steyr Offerings, They're a great pistol but a limited audience, if someone wants one then they sell but it's finding that someone, There was one on G* recently that was at a higher price and sat there for ages, the market is somewhat flat at the moment & the add may have ran out before it actually sold, Not all clubs offer rapid fire as a discipline which also limits the market.

There is a wanted add on here for one at the moment,
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

I'm also tempted by the Steyr Lp50, as I could shoot sport pistol (30 shot slow fire, 30 shots, 3 sec facing/7 sec away) and the .22 standard pistol course of fire (20 shots slow fire, 4x5 20 sec each, 4x5 10 sec each).

British Pistol club do these (as well as rapid fire) each month on the 25m NSRA ranges at Bisley.

I'm sure if I buy new, a week after a cheaper second hand one will show up :-)

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    I would have thought it closer to a grand value wise? An LP50 is around the £1200 mark - I bought two last year, so I don't believe for a second an L5 is half that price? Stick it up for a grand and see what happens, you can always reduce it if it does not go, but I think you would be kicking yourself if you had people fighting over it being too cheap?
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

I'd go along with Nigel's ball park valuation, they are not a current model and could be approaching the age when things go wrong and they might need an epensive service, in my books £550 to £600 sounds about right, but I'm not in the market for one, so it's only a guess really.

Vic Thompson.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    I would have thought it closer to a grand value wise? An LP50 is around the £1200 mark - I bought two last year, so I don't believe for a second an L5 is half that price? Stick it up for a grand and see what happens, you can always reduce it if it does not go, but I think you would be kicking yourself if you had people fighting over it being too cheap?
    I struggle to see why anyone would pay a grand if they can get new for £200 more with a guarantee etc. All that price is doing is knocking off the vat.
    IMHO even putting it up at £750 is likely to involve a long, long wait with possibly no buyer going that far.
    As always it depends how quickly it needs to go and if anyone gets a real itch to buy at any cost.
    Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    I struggle to see why anyone would pay a grand if they can get new for £200 more with a guarantee etc. All that price is doing is knocking off the vat.
    Rich.
    A new LP50 is close to 1800 Euro, the LP5 is a bit long in the tooth, so 6 to 700 is closer to reality, but if some one wants one, its close to a sellers market, there were never a lot about.

PS just checked and the LP50 is the wrong side of £1800 in the UK!

Have Fun
    Robin
    Last edited by RobinC; 03-06-2019 at 10:24 AM.
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Thompson View Post
    I'd go along with Nigel's ball park valuation, they are not a current model and could be approaching the age when things go wrong and they might need an epensive service, in my books £550 to £600 sounds about right, but I'm not in the market for one, so it's only a guess really.

Vic Thompson.
    Hi Vic,

This LP5 will be the first at our club and we are very pleased to have it.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    PS just checked and the LP50 is the wrong side of £1800 in the UK!

Have Fun
    Robin

Ah, maybe the £1200 quoted was an estimation of a secondhand value?

Still think it would be a long wait to get a buyer for £750

Rich
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)