Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help wanted from Haenel pistol owners

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    I kind of wonder if the “Super” wasn’t directed at the US somewhat like the Stoeger Webleys? Several months ago I got this 1934 catalog advertising it in the US? Seems like we have more than our share of all the Haenel pistols?

I didn’t know they sold extra barrels?

Quote Originally Posted by draitzer View Post
    That catalog shot is very cool - looks like we should really be watching out for a "28 Super Repeater"!

Don R.
    I think there is a difference between “Super” and super? Is the last just a adjective in respect to the Repeater? Bruce said it’s the only known catalog that advertises a “Super”.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    I think there is a difference between “Super” and super? Is the last just a adjective in respect to the Repeater? Bruce said it’s the only known catalog that advertises a “Super”.
    Hi Flint, is there a date on the catalog which would help us as to when they were being sold. a great find by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by micky2 View Post
    Hi Flint, is there a date on the catalog which would help us as to when they were being sold. a great find by the way.
    Yes only the year 1934.

Got a Haenal that I always assumed was a 28 but says 'Haenal Air Pistol' on the engraving. Got an 'R' as well.
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

Just picked up a early “Haenel Air Pistol” on the Bay in the US, this morning. Could easily tell by the flatter grip emblems, luckily it had a very reasonable buy it now and a 14 day return. Should be fun. All my Haenel examples are later production. Another giveaway to early production is the tall boxier front sight. Thanks for this post for bringing these to mind.
    Last edited by 45flint; 30-05-2019 at 12:37 PM.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Just picked up a early “Haenel Air Pistol” on the Bay in the US, this morning. Could easily tell by the flatter grip emblems, luckily it had a very reasonable buy it now and a 14 day return. Should be fun. All my Haenel examples are later production. Another giveaway to early production is the tall boxier front sight. Thanks for this post for bringing these to mind.
    Hi it will be interesting to see what the se/no is on it when it arrives.

I just received the Haenel Air Pistol I bought online last week. It’s my first since all my others are 28’s or 28-Rs. They said they couldn’t get it to work but had a reasonable to me “buy it now” with a 14 day return so I took the chance. Funny it works fine I’m sure they didn’t know how to cock it! Lol. It’s serial number 3714 and the only issue is a missing sight screw adjuster. Has all the characteristics, flat emblems, hidden stock flanges, tall front sight, round latch. Mine has “made in Germany under the barrel, do many have this? Certainly keeping it, should these go for a premium over a 28?
    Is the sight adjuster the same as the 28? Below is link to pics.

https://imgur.com/a/GcKeFaQ
    Last edited by 45flint; 03-06-2019 at 06:20 PM.