Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unusual Hw77

Stock looks good, nice chequering.

My advice is to give the metalwork a gentle rub with oil on the finest grade wire wool to reduce the mottling. Then clean and service the insides l. Then enjoy it for a while before deciding whether to plump for a reblue.

And yes I think you did well there
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Bit of a small update. Serial number is 1002402, so that would make it 83 or 84, a screw is missing from the trigger guard, and there's a bit of movement in the stock, but that's probably down to the screws needing tightening. Woodwork is very clean, and puts my shotguns to shame, although it appears that there are a few spots of paint. Metalwork appears to be MUCH better than I originally thought, and will look better after a light rubbing. Very smooth and quiet on cocking, although the trigger is very light. No Hull Cartridge markings whatsoever, just the usual. Scope has fogged up and will probably go in the bin. As we're moving house soon, I've packed the chrono away somewhere so I'll have to dig it out. It handles beautifully, and comes to the shoulder instantly and on point; open sights are a must, if I can source some cheaply even better. I'm very pleased.

Rare and classy. Good purchase.