Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Best springer to buy if you had hindsight?

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    WOW - I'm still amazed at the diversity here, I thought it may be a few models again and again, but it's really diverse. HW are heavily features, but I just didn't expect to see so many Webley's and Diana's in the lists, it just shows how different springers can be, I think they are a lot more individual that PCPs

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I have two current favourites, both in .22.

Diana 54 Airking. I picked this up for a song, sidelever works for me where underlever is just cumbersome and awkward. Recoilless, as much power as you want, well built and accurate.

BSA Lightning, early one I got from alanok at the last bash. It was utter dog-poo, but with a very little work it is now a lightweight, compact hunter that still surprises me with it's manners and accuracy every time it comes out of the bag.

If I had to choose just one it would be the BSA

I have, or have had, at least one of everything else, but where most are as good as you'd expect, these two are better.
    Tell me this isn't the Lightning that you have up for sale?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    WOW - I'm still amazed at the diversity here, I thought it may be a few models again and again, but it's really diverse. HW are heavily features, but I just didn't expect to see so many Webley's and Diana's in the lists, it just shows how different springers can be, I think they are a lot more individual that PCPs

James
    I think it has much to do with the character that springers exhibit, James, and they become a part of you. You have to cajole, cuddle and love them, get to really know them inside out and then that magical, mystical bond 'twist man and machine endears them to you forever. No matter the make or model, each one is an individual and finds a special place in your heart.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Have you got it back now then, John?
    No Tony, i’m becoming a little concerned about it.
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by david1123 View Post
    BSA Goldstar!
    had the chance for pennies but never followed through! There was a piece in one of the mags about harvesting rabbit over fresh cut stubble, autumn, whilst waiting In ambush with one, had me hook line and sinker! Didn't have PCP cash at the time so thought yeah, the pea shooter for me. Now, I wreckon you could buy a kral, probs scoped to for the price there going these days.
    i have two in .177cal and one in .22cal. sourced new mags from pneumatic ballistics on the advice of les allam on here. they work spot on now cycling every shot faultlessly. i also have two superstars and they are as simuler to shoot as the goldstars.
    Last edited by WILBA; 22-05-2019 at 08:58 PM.

whizza. wish i had bought one back in the day when hey were cheaper. id not pay the money they are going for now though.

Springer

VENOM MACH 1. Mach 1.5

The best Springer by far I have owned is the FWB 300 s , Absolutely devastating accurate and with a enough power for head shots up to 25 mtrs.
    It's build quality and shooting cycle is superb and it's limited power makes it ideal for vermin control in buildings!
    If power is needed than a Fac HW 80 takes a lot of beating.

Super Tornado

Some may scoff but it’s one of the smoothest shooters I have with that lovely progressive trigger.The noise of the twin springs working in perfect unison, It’s my Bug out gun as it can be used as a club,paddle and firewood if necessary.

In hindsight a BSA Superstar in .177 would have been everything I'd ever needed from a spring air rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    VENOM MACH 1. Mach 1.5
    The gun above would be my dream rifle,I should have orderd one when they were making them.
    I thought they only made them in Fac power levels.
    Les..

VENOM MACH 1. Mach 1.5
    Don't think that will be aced, Paul.

VENOM MACH 1 Varminter. Mach 1.5
    Improved that for you.

Springer

VENOM Mach 1 Varminter. Yes only one made out of the 17 done. And all Mach 1's weren't FAC Les. Mach 1.5
    Last edited by Mach 1.5; 23-05-2019 at 03:38 PM.

VENOM Mach 1 Varminter. Yes only one made out of the 17 done. And all Mach 1's were FAC Les. Mach 1.5
    I thought as much.
    I still want one though .
    See you soon Paul.
    Les..