Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Best springer to buy if you had hindsight?

Springer.

Sorry Les. Thread corrected. Not all Mach 1's were FAC. No.11 which I owned wasn't and a few others weren't. FAC was more for the USA version. Mach 1.5
    Last edited by Mach 1.5; 24-05-2019 at 02:17 PM.

My favourite gun of all time and the gun i used for everything back in the day, was my Venom hw80 hunter .22 lazaglide, i think i purchased it around 1989, all the gun a man will ever need, atb Daz

Quote Originally Posted by BAD DAZ View Post
    My favourite gun of all time and the gun i used for everything back in the day, was my Venom hw80 hunter .22 lazaglide, i think i purchased it around 1989, all the gun a man will ever need, atb Daz
    That lovely custom 80 you have isn't to shabby either Daz.
    I have put the. 22 barrel back on my v-mach 80 custom, I will be bringing it to the Bash.
    See you soon mate. .
    Les.

A good move Les, nothing shoots nicer than .22 mate, see you next week, atb Daz

Walther LGV Best springer I ever owned !

For my first rifle if I hadn't bought a theoben evo.....

A .20 hw80k super carbine in a cs800 stock with a vortex viper 3-9x40 on top, or my Meopta 6x42 4b Ret.
    I'd still like to make & tune one of these, it would definitely compliment my hw77.
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    It would be a AA Pro/Elite with 25mm reduced cylinder conversion for me.
    A Hw80 with same conversion a close second.
    Les..
    I can totally agree with first hand experience of both - they are both fantastic Rifles...…...However I also aspire to getting a Vmach Cobra at some stage.
    Cheers Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Weasle View Post
    I can totally agree with first hand experience of both - they are both fantastic Rifles...…...However I also aspire to getting a Vmach Cobra at some stage.
    Cheers Steve
    Based on the Tomahawk action the Cobra,Steve Pope didn't make many if I remember.
    I remember forum member Beesa having one ,and thinking yes please.
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    MK 1 25mm bore HW77K in 22 , V Mach’d (I think they have the best spring spec for many HW’s) with a short light 80s style mod like whisperer
    A Mk2 77k .177 with a Air force push on mod or a Mk1 Hw85k, all the rifles anyone ever really needs to own for springers.

V Mach tuned, what more could you ask for ?
    Hw77+7

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    Everyone has their opinion on what the best springer is - it's the one they have as they bought it, right?

But what if you were to buy one now - just one, regardless of price, make, calibre, you get to use you experience and avoid all the mistakes

Looking at weight, accuracy, smoothness, lack of recoil, consistency and looks - what would be your perfect full power springer that you can actually buy?
    So come on James ,
    What have you decided on ?
    Come on over to the dark side , you know you want to !
    PCPs make it easy , springers require effort

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by Alakar View Post
    So come on James ,
    What have you decided on ?
    Come on over to the dark side , you know you want to !
    PCPs make it easy , springers require effort
    I'm more interested in the passion people have for springers and the sheer variety due to different tuners - you just don't get that in PCPs, but then you do get a lot more add on bits and custom stocks?

I'm a decent shot with a PCP, and with a bit of practice probably a springer also, as I did learn to shoot with one many years ago, but if I bought one I'd be looking for something that would leave me as the weakest link and shoot smoothly - some springers are rough and kick like a mule - I would not be happy with something like that but don't have the years of insight that others on the forum have in this field. Hence the thread - if you had a chance to do it again, which would you keep and which would you ditch
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Springer

I would have kept my Mach 1 and ditched my HW100..Mach 1.5

I've only limited experience but currently own a tx200hc mk3 with modded mk2 internals, a hw97 (22mm internals), and a hw98 still 22mm but shortstroke and associated delrin bits all three have extensive trigger work and are in .177, to be honest even as standard they were all great and remain so in modified guise, but the one I tend to grab out the cupboard the most is the 98,

tx200 or hw97k

Springer

Nearly forgot...VENOM MACH 2. Mach 1.5