Thread: 1938 bsa y13

1938 bsa y13

I hope that the moderators will allow some leeway with this thread.

My very good friend and engineering mentor has put away his vernier and closed his workshop door.
    Jeff has reborn more than enough air rifles in his time including building two of his own creations. Also, he has had a hand in restoring , many vintage vehicles and more especially, the motorcycles and side chairs he has built and owned in his life. He has owned every BSA V twin that Birmingham Small Arms has produced. At one time he had the complete stable under his roof.
    I was over at his the other week he showed me this item that he had come upon on the net while looking at his motorcycle passion, the BSA V twin.

This one https://motorcycles-for-sale.biz/sale.php?id=32106

Jeff is confident that it his 1938 BSA Y13 that he had built from virtually bare bones. Camshafts, followers, changing the rod configuration and on.
    This machine has particular identifiers; two being the green rim strip and the heat shield that he put on the machine to protect his wife from a warm leg on their journeys over our land.

He sold this machine some years ago and now it appears to be residing on the other side of the planet.
    Jeff has the background to this machine, also the history in photos of the remnants he began with and his recollection of the effort to source parts from all over the globe plus the fabricating and machining that he did to create what could not be sourced.

My request on his behalf is this. Does anyone have access to this listing? If you do, can you please forward their contact details to me, or mine to them, so that the complete known history of this BSA can be attached to its provenance.
    He would dearly like to communicate with its latest owner.
    Respond here or by PM, cheers.
    Thank you for any assistance you can provide.
    Last edited by slow_runner; 19-05-2019 at 08:58 PM.

Bump

Does anyone have access to the auction/sale site where Jeffs old BSA is listed?
    He is keen to pass on his knowledge of this machine he resurrected to the existing owner. There is a great story of what lengths he went to to enable this motorcycle to rise again .
    Cheers.