It’s difficult when you don’t know what you’re doing. The idea was to join the local shooting club, learn all things about 10mtr pistol target shooting while using club guns and picking the brains of others then at the end of my probationary period either walk away deciding it wasn’t for me or invest in something high end ish assuming I had the necessary skill to justify it. But with a waiting list for membership of a year I’ve had to resort to Plan B, buy a budget target pistol and fire away in the garden.

After a few weeks of reading and watching anything and everything target pistol related I’ve come up with a short list of budget pistols that I think will meet my needs, 2 are CO2, the Gamo a SSP.

SMK CP1
Gamo Compact
Airforce 1 Trophy

The SMK features a lot on the net with a loyal user base and has the added advantage of being the cheapest (or is that the most cost effective?). What do other think, is this short list hitting the target, wide of the mark and what is missing that I should be considering to give me a good start in the target pistol world?

Grateful for any advice.

John