Thread: First purchase

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nige346 View Post

Another very viable option is the Drulov lov21, not a pretty pistol but very accurate, a better trigger than the SMK and a chap on here even make a palmshelf and accessories to fit which will give you far better grip and stability, do not underestimate how accurate these little ugly ducklings can be, I would consider selling mine simply as I purchased it for my son who has now upgraded, not a selling pitch as i'm more than happy to keep it but an option if you want it,
    I have to agree the Drulov 21 is a very competant and often overlooked pistol. With a little work (lubing, trigger, grip etc.) they produce good results. There only draw back is that compared to say FWB 65/80 and Diana/RWS giss they are expensive to run.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Hi everybody and thanks for all the replies. All my replies to you thus far have gone to the moderator for approval as I am a newbi but although other contributions elsewhere are now appearing unmoderated those to this thread seem to be AWOL, sorry about that.

It seems that CO2 is not the way to go according to the majority and I hadn’t given trigger action a thought. Some good mechanical options to look out for on the second hand market so that’s where I’m off to now, searching for that elusive bargain. I’ve found a FAS604 already but it is in Ireland and I’d much rather have a face-to-face.

Once again many thanks for taking the time to help this confused newbi out.

John

Very interesting thread

As another 'newby' I am in a similar position.......

I have a Webley Alecto MkV which is pretty accurate and - important for me as I like to shoot in my garden and garage without disturbing elderly neighbours - very quiet with a Stumpy moderator fitted.
    However, I really fancy trying a 'quality, dedicated match pistol'.

I too don't really fancy the 'faff' and expense of air tanks and finding somewhere to get them filled but realise that I might have to bite the bullet at some point.

Having read lots of comments/recommendations here and elsewhere, I had considered the Tau CO2 but can't find anywhere that sells them?

I had also considered an older FWB but prices seem high for what they are and I'm not sure how noisy they are?

The 'cheap' end of the pcp market seems to offer the AA Alpha or the Hämmerli AP20 - I have read mixed reviews about both and don't feel confident to 'jump in' and invest best part of £1000 including air kit?